Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: FoodWIMB. Help. I need an ice cream maker for a sorbet but don't have one. Can I

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    bodge it?

For various reasons, I have a recipe and all the ingredients for trout ceviche with avocado sorbet. But the final bit of making the sorbet requires an ice cream maker.

Can I bodge this bit or should I fück it off and just make and munch the fish in lime part?

Serious/helpful advice would actually be appreciated.
    Make the sorbet juice, put it in a dish and stick it in the freezer. Take it out after 20 minutes or so and mix it up with a fork. Continue to do so until it's all frozed.

It'll be a bit grainy, but, hey, it's a sorbet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Make the sorbet juice, put it in a dish and stick it in the freezer. Take it out after 20 minutes or so and mix it up with a fork. Continue to do so until it's all frozed.

No. It's a granita, but there's no need to bog him down in technical detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. It's a granita, but there's no need to bog him down in technical detail.
    Well done b.

Well done b.
    I know. Very forbearing of me, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I know. Very forbearing of me, I thought.
    I was going to mention something about granita but then I thought, 'Hang about, don't be a dick, the chap's just after some advice.'

I was going to mention something about granita but then I thought, 'Hang about, don't be a dick, the chap's just after some advice.'
    I know, but what if he were to say to his missus 'I've made you a sorbet' and she says 'Fvck off, dip****! That's a granita! Don't you even know the difference?' and they end up splitting up as a consequence? Do you want that on your conscience?

You angel, C.

Ganpati bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    You angel, C.

Ganpati bless.
    My main concern would be obtaining fish fresh enough for the ceviche. Are you catching it yourself?