Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'm out on the piss tonight.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    If it's near Fleet St I'll drag you into the Cheshire Cheese to warm you up. Maybe even near the fire.
    It would be a fantastic pub that if they served better beers. Sam Smiths is a bit Own Brand Value Range, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It would be a fantastic pub that if they served better beers. Sam Smiths is a bit Own Brand Value Range, don't you think?
    It is very cheap, though. Actually, the number of great historic pubs that Sam Smith's has taken over and made a bit seedy is a bit depressing. There's the Cardinal Newman round the back of Westminster Cathedral, the Citie of Yorke on High Holborn and the Chandos on St Martin's Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It is very cheap, though. Actually, the number of great historic pubs that Sam Smith's has taken over and made a bit seedy is a bit depressing. There's the Cardinal Newman round the back of Westminster Cathedral, the Citie of Yorke on High Holborn and the Chandos on St Martin's Lane.
    I used to drink a bit in the Citteh of Yorke about ten years ago. Change from a fiver for two pints! Not as cheap as that these days though.

The stout is nice - if a bit lethal

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The stout is nice - if a bit lethal
    The pale ale is great, imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Yes, would be nice if it was a freehouse but having said that, I have had both lager and ale in there and both were very good.

And the crisps appeared to some old style brand I had never seen before that were about 87% salt.