Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Arsene virtually in tears in the interview when asked if he was sad that he wouldn't

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Dennis? Win at all costs? You must remember a very different Dennis Bergkamp to me.

The Dennis I remember went missing with frustrating regularity for someone of his ability.

A great player, but let's not pretend he was something he wasn't.
    I agree with you 100%, I always felt there was loads more he could have achieved with us
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I agree with you 100%, I always felt there was loads more he could have achieved with us
    Well as Sir C points out, the mere fact that a player of his ability was happy to play for a team like Arsenal when he should have been playing for one of the European giants was evidence that he was not especially ambitious or driven.

Well as Sir C points out, the mere fact that a player of his ability was happy to play for a team like Arsenal when he should have been playing for one of the European giants was evidence that he was not especially ambitious or driven.
    Token: He was driven everywhere

Does the same go for Wenger too?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Routinely quiet in big games, I think his lack of pace was often a reason.

And as Peter has pointed out to us many times, he was really only 'a poor man's Teddy Sheringham'.