Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting way to spin this story, given the fact that the NHS comes second last in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You're wriggling on the hook here, p.

Face it: the NHS is a bit shīt.
    Its ****ing dreadful but its free.

There is no pleasing some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

There is no pleasing some people.
    I'll take that. They should use that as a slogan.

Of course I won't be boring enough to point out that it's anything but free. That would be tedious.

I'll take that. They should use that as a slogan.

Of course I won't be boring enough to point out that it's anything but free. That would be tedious.
    Ryanair isn't free but it may as well be when compared to other airlines. It’s also ****, you have to sit next to disease-ridden scum hacking their guts up and you stand a reasonable chance of being killed.

The NHS of the skies

Ryanair isn't free but it may as well be when compared to other airlines. It’s also ****, you have to sit next to disease-ridden scum hacking their guts up and you stand a reasonable chance of being killed.

The NHS of the skies
    Great for a 45 minute jaunt over to Stansted all the same.

That's a sweeping generalisation, you know.

There are a lot of very hard-working people patching up the wounded and repairing the ill. The fact that I've had some negative experiences myself does not turn me against the organisation as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

There are a lot of very hard-working people patching up the wounded and repairing the ill. The fact that I've had some negative experiences myself does not turn me against the organisation as a whole.
    Well said A.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

There are a lot of very hard-working people patching up the wounded and repairing the ill.
    No-one said there weren't. And I'm sure that's just as much the case in other, better healthcare systems.

No-one said there weren't. And I'm sure that's just as much the case in other, better healthcare systems.
    Which according to your survey, don't exist.

Best in the world, b.

Which according to your survey, don't exist.

Best in the world, b.
    Yes. That league table is rather like a Premier League table that takes in a range of factors other than the outcomes of games, of course.

Arsenal would always win in such a system.

Yes. That league table is rather like a Premier League table that takes in a range of factors other than the outcomes of games, of course.

Arsenal would always win in such a system.
    Its more a question of added value.

For example, Leicester winning the league is arguably a greater achievement than City winning it.

Also interesting that it comes close to the top on efficiency when we are constantly told that the problem is public sector bureaucracy rather than under funding or poor strategic planning.

And Ash’s point that earlier ‘interventions’ and attempts to prescribe behaviours is something british people tend to hugely resent.

Look at the gastropods lumbering their way around our supermarkets. You can’t force-feed these people salads.