Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
No, I’m sorry, you don’t get to do that. You don’t get to relentlessly trash the previous manager and his teams for years and then play the ‘Let’s all get behind the team” card as soon as things start getting shít with the new bloke in charge. It’s monstrous hypocrisy.
I’ll admit that my supposed antipathy to Emery started out as a satirical exercise: holding up a mirror to those who hounded Wenger out to show them what it was like dealing with irrational, spoiled, disloyal people who had become madly fixated on the manager as the source of all our problems.
However, it’s become slightly more complex as it’s grown increasingly clear that the new bloke actually may be a bit shít. Given this, watching those who wanted Wenger out squirm desperately to make excuses for the new guy they’d never have allowed for Wenger has added a whole new level of comedy.
Not having that. Wenger had over twenty years in the job. You can’t level accusations of short termism or hounding him out when it was abundantly obvious that all routes led to failure.
I’m not loyal to the new bloke in any way but I’m not about to start writing him off until I’m satisfied he’s walking the same green mile as Wenger, which isn’t just yet.