Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Weller album today of course.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Deviant. What sort of person still buys CDs?
    Somebody who wants to wants to listen to all the music, Jorge, not just about 10% of it.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Somebody who wants to wants to listen to all the music, Jorge, not just about 10% of it.

HTH
    Oh, audio hipster nerds, you mean? Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh, audio hipster nerds, you mean? Thanks for clearing that up.
    Would you rather watch a fillum or a football match in a high definition video format or on a grainy, low-bandwidth stream? It's the same principle.

Parallels to other arts like gastronomy could also be made. Personally I don't give a flying phuck about 'faine daining' but if people appreciate the difference in quality then fair play to them.

Would you rather watch a fillum or a football match in a high definition video format or on a grainy, low-bandwidth stream? It's the same principle.

Parallels to other arts like gastronomy could also be made. Personally I don't give a flying phuck about 'faine daining' but if people appreciate the difference in quality then fair play to them.
    I want it in the most convenient and accessible format that still allows me to enjoy it.

I want it in the most convenient and accessible format that still allows me to enjoy it.
    We're on about music; leave your mum out of this, please.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Fine. No need to sneer at others then, is there?

You mean there's a difference in quality between CDs and streaming? I guess I qualify for the dead ear category because I've never noticed it. Sounds great to me

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You mean there's a difference in quality between CDs and streaming? I guess I qualify for the dead ear category because I've never noticed it. Sounds great to me
    You can hum a tune in the bath and enjoy it, and ham & cheese sandwiches are a great-tasting meal to me, and that's all good.

With basic speakers you might not notice much difference between formats, and of course ear buds are an utter abomination to audio quality. If doing an AB test between a non-lossy (CD, even more so Vinyl) and a lossy (MP3) through decent amp and speakers, starting with the non-lossy, when you switch to the lossy you feel the need to turn it up to be able to hear it properly, and you keep turning it up and up but it is never there. Because it isn't there.

Of course it may also be true that one needs an 'ear' to notice differences in audio quality. I have no idea what the universe sounds like without an 'ear'.
    Last edited by Ash; 05-12-2017 at 10:32 AM.

... and of course ear buds are an utter abomination to audio quality.
    You've obviously only tried the cheaper (wrong) wons, a.

Klipsch do an excellent range of in-ears. As do Grado.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

HTH
    Are you making that number up, Ash? I'm always amazed at what I can find on Spotify. In fact, I can't remember the last time I wanted to listen to something and it wasn't on Spotify.