Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've had a tradesman in my house putting in a new bathroom for two weeks now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Michelangelo's David is a lump of rock, turned into something emotionally moving by the hand of a genius. A Mozart concerto is a collection of vibrations detected by the earholes but made beautiful by man. You can see where I'm going with this...
    Yes. And you don't appreciate Mozart Concertos just as I don't appreciate Aston Martinis. People, it would seem, are different. Not always wrong, but different.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. And you don't appreciate Mozart Concertos just as I don't appreciate Aston Martinis. People, it would seem, are different. Not always wrong, but different.
    You don't appreciate cars and therefore, under the current school of thinking for those that I disagree with, are evil.

There, I said it.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You don't appreciate cars and therefore, under the current school of thinking for those that I disagree with, are evil.

There, I said it.
    Who said I don’t appreciate cars? I think they are a marvellous invention and am hugely grateful for their ability to move me from one place to another quickly. Wouldn’t be without them - wd Herr Benz imo.

By the same token, I think computers are marvellous things with lots of benefits. I’m still not going to start knocking one out over the latest MacBook, though.
    Last edited by Burney; 09-25-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Who said I don’t appreciate cars? I think they are a marvellous invention and am hugely grateful for their ability to move me from one place to another quickly. Wouldn’t be without them - wd Herr Benz imo.

By the same token, I think computers are marvellous things with lots of benefits. I’m still not going to start knocking one our over the latest MacBook, though.
    Well, admiring a car for its boot space among its collection of metal and other bits is a bit like admiring a woman for her ability to carry the shopping among her carbon, calcium and other watery bits.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Well, admiring a car for its boot space among its collection of metal and other bits is a bit like admiring a woman for her ability to carry the shopping among her carbon, calcium and other watery bits.
    Nothing wrong with judging a woman for her practical benefits: ability to cook, child-bearing capacity, sauciness, etc. Indeed, these things were once considered far more important than silly, nebulous concepts like 'love'.

Nothing wrong with judging a woman for her practical benefits: ability to cook, child-bearing capacity, sauciness, etc. Indeed, these things were once considered far more important than silly, nebulous concepts like 'love'.
    But who doesn't like a woman with sleek lines, who polishes up well, is fast and throaty and can throw you around a bit for pleasure?
    Not that women can't be both practical and 'fun' to be inside, etc.

But who doesn't like a woman with sleek lines, who polishes up well, is fast and throaty and can throw you around a bit for pleasure?
    Would you say that driving a fast car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman?

Increasingly, I'd just settle for something quiet.

Actually I'm mad for a bit of Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Actually I'm mad for a bit of Wolfie
    Since when? You've always pooh-poohed classical music as not your sort of thing. Has your woman finally civilised you?