Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Gutted for "Drity" Leeds last night.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    David Batty, Lee Bowyer, Danny Mills, Alan Smith. They also unleashed the horror that was Robbie Keane and his goal celebrations on the world.

It was a team of ****s.
    A grand bunch of lads, I'd say. Bowyer and Batty were terrific competitors, you'd have loved them on your team. Mills never did much for me but Alan Smith, if he hadn't had that appalling injury, would have gone on to be a magnificent footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A grand bunch of lads, I'd say. Bowyer and Batty were terrific competitors, you'd have loved them on your team. Mills never did much for me but Alan Smith, if he hadn't had that appalling injury, would have gone on to be a magnificent footballer.
    You're clearly just trying to distress me. I refuse to rise to the bait any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You're clearly just trying to distress me. I refuse to rise to the bait any longer.
    Nonsense. What have I written which is in any way unreasonable?

Wasn't it around that time that a young James Milner appeared? On the left wing, perhaps?

Wasn't it around that time that a young James Milner appeared? On the left wing, perhaps?
    And Aaron Lennon - who believe it or not is still a professional footballer

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Theo Walcott's days with us were numbered when Tottenham sold Lennon and we were no longer able to console ourselves by saying 'Well at least he's not as shít as Aaron Lennon'.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It was indeed, they have an impressive list of Accademy players that have gone on to play for first teams...forgot about Fabian Delph starting out at DL
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You have described dirty, destructive players of a sort you generally loathe as 'great competitors'. This is the point at which I realised you are - at best - playing Devil's Advocaat.

If you have to fill your midfield up with English midgets, they might as well be David Batty.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."