Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Feeling a trifle sketchy this morning.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I encountered such a bellowing sort of chap at a function recently, coincidentally. He turned out to be a Westminster lobbyist for the chauffeur-drive industry, which struck me as an odd profession. Anyway, he was very much of the bawling Hooray Henry school. (His table manners were impeccable.)

Was your chap posh or common?
    Oh, he was common. Some sort of northerner, in fact. He was so ill-mannered as to almost redefine the term. He appeared simply to have no concept of how to behave at all. Him bellowing at me was bad enough, but I kept having to suppress a reflexive urge to stab him in the eye with a fork every time he stuck his head between me and my lunch in order to bellow at my other neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, he was common. Some sort of northerner, in fact. He was so ill-mannered as to almost redefine the term. He appeared simply to have no concept of how to behave at all. Him bellowing at me was bad enough, but I kept having to suppress a reflexive urge to stab him in the eye with a fork every time he stuck his head between me and my lunch in order to bellow at my other neighbour.
    Grim business. We must hope that you don't suffer PTSD as a result of this experience.

Grim business. We must hope that you don't suffer PTSD as a result of this experience.
    I am feeling a bit triggered just thinking about it. Although that could just be the unfortunate combination of Champagne, red wine, brandy and ale coursing through my veins.

I am feeling a bit triggered just thinking about it. Although that could just be the unfortunate combination of Champagne, red wine, brandy and ale coursing through my veins.
    *BRANDYKLAXON*

Self-inflicted, I'm afraid. Champagne, red wine and ale I'll allow. The addition of brandy, I'm afraid, causes me to withdraw my sympathy.

Soory, b. I don't make the rules.

*BRANDYKLAXON*

Self-inflicted, I'm afraid. Champagne, red wine and ale I'll allow. The addition of brandy, I'm afraid, causes me to withdraw my sympathy.

Soory, b. I don't make the rules.
    I think the last time I vomited due to drink was brandy-related. It was about 7 or 8 years ago - again after a Christmas bash (The Ritz, I think). The brandy and port stage of proceedings had gone on a very long time and I ended up consuming a frankly ridicules quantity of the stuff. I felt grand until, after leaving, I was lurching across Green Park mumbling and cursing and was taken unwell. I sat on a park bench as my legs had become unsteady, whereupon I proceeded copiously to deposit my stomach contents all over my shoes. I eventually squelched my way home with my shoes filled with puke and had to throw the things away. Pair of Barkers as well.

I think the last time I vomited due to drink was brandy-related. It was about 7 or 8 years ago - again after a Christmas bash (The Ritz, I think). The brandy and port stage of proceedings had gone on a very long time and I ended up consuming a frankly ridicules quantity of the stuff. I felt grand until, after leaving, I was lurching across Green Park mumbling and cursing and was taken unwell. I sat on a park bench as my legs had become unsteady, whereupon I proceeded copiously to deposit my stomach contents all over my shoes. I eventually squelched my way home with my shoes filled with puke and had to throw the things away. Pair of Barkers as well.
    'He appeared simply to have no concept of how to behave at all.'

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

If a chap needs to relieve himself of a misfortunate load, wes, no man should judge him.

We've all been there. Aye.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Yes, I don't think I was holding this up as an example of ideal behaviour, to be honest, but you carry on.