Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Just in case anyone has forgotten these brave words

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Not harsh about Xhaka imo
    He was fouled when he lost the ball, wasn't he? I know his form isn't great the moment, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He was fouled when he lost the ball, wasn't he? I know his form isn't great the moment, but still.
    He's a funny one, Xhaka. He sometimes looks great, but he does the one thing you really don't want from a midfielder, which is surrender possession far, far too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's a funny one, Xhaka. He sometimes looks great, but he does the one thing you really don't want from a midfielder, which is surrender possession far, far too easily.
    nail and head
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    nail and head
    He is in the eye of the storm as such following the somewhat hysterical reaction to the defeat at Watford and the role (or lack of) he was seen to play in their winner.

It was a poor goal to concede and you could pick holes from the moment Mertesacker passed the ball to Xhaka not laying it off immediately to Mertesacker hesitating and not pushing on Rooney, Christ how much time did he have to look up and pick his spot.

Not convinced the man AW has nailed that area yet, perhaps another body in there would help. Enter Jack Wilshere, as such.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not convinced the man AW has nailed that area yet, perhaps another body in there would help. Enter Jack Wilshere, as such.
    Back to 4-2-3-1 to plug the hole in our midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Back to 4-2-3-1 to plug the hole in our midfield?
    I expect so.

The suggestion has always lingered that AW never really felt the love for the defensive renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You would be annoyed if said ‘foul’ was given against you. One of those.

I suspect a British pundit may suggest he was fouled / lost the ball too easy, perhaps dwelling a split second too long, unaware of the presence of Gueye which others perhaps could have helped with. Maybe they did.