Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So I checked out Ed Sheeran last night.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There were long, long periods of silence. That isn't good enough. I hated it.

Liam was quite good. At least he is entertaining, if nothing else.
    I flicked between them and some chap called Dizzee Rascal, who played upbeat, bouncy numbers that had the crowd dancing. Unlike Radiohead appeared to be interested in entertaining his audience and was doing a good job. Why anyone would have chosen to watch them rather than him is beyond me.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-26-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I flicked between them and some chap called Dizzee Rascal, who played upbeat, bouncy numbers that had the crowd dancing. Unlike Radiohead appeared to be interested in entertaining his audience and was doing a good job. Why anyone would have chosen to watch them rather than him is beyond me.
    I was watching Kate Tempest then. Probably the best thing I saw despite having seen exactly the same performance last year. That is pretty sad.....

To be fair to Radiohead, I don't like them at the best of times so I was never going to enjoy it....

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I flicked between them and some chap called Dizzee Rascal, who played upbeat, bouncy numbers that had the crowd dancing. Unlike Radiohead appeared to be interested in entertaining his audience and was doing a good job. Why anyone would have chosen to watch Radiohead rather than him is beyond me.
    When Springsteen headlined it I was concerned for my hero. I thought he'd made a mistake. Given that he doesn't play festivals and that his lengthy sets often contain many obscure numbers, it seemed to me that a casual audience really wouldn't get it. Watching on TV it appeared that he smashed it out the park, as it were. It looked and sounded magnificent. The Guardian gave him 5 stars and the review started 'Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band put on a show so good it's quasi-religious – for nigh on three hours, Pilton becomes the Promised Land' A week later I encountered Ian Harvey who had been at Glastonbury and asked for his verdict. 'Embarrassing', he opined. 'People were streaming away to go and watch something else. He can't hold an audience like Radiohead.' The lying ****.

It is, as you say, a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    When Springsteen headlined it I was concerned for my hero. I thought he'd made a mistake. Given that he doesn't play festivals and that his lengthy sets often contain many obscure numbers, it seemed to me that a casual audience really wouldn't get it. Watching on TV it appeared that he smashed it out the park, as it were. It looked and sounded magnificent. The Guardian gave him 5 stars and the review started 'Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band put on a show so good it's quasi-religious – for nigh on three hours, Pilton becomes the Promised Land' A week later I encountered Ian Harvey who had been at Glastonbury and asked for his verdict. 'Embarrassing', he opined. 'People were streaming away to go and watch something else. He can't hold an audience like Radiohead.' The lying ****.

It is, as you say, a cult.
    I think it's fair to say that, in common with most Radiohead fans, Mr Harvey would give them a rave review if they just did an album of nursery rhymes. He would describe their version of 'Three Blind Mice' as "transcendent" and sneer viciously at anyone who failed to recognise the profundity of 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'.