Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Wilshere gone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd have thought his highlight would be that game against Barcelona. Even I was almost convinced after that.
    Oh it was - he was quite magnificent that night. But for the Norwich game and that goal, I was actually sitting with SW. You can imagine the erudite conversation fairly baffled those surrounding us

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Oh it was - he was quite magnificent that night. But for the Norwich game and that goal, I was actually sitting with SW. You can imagine the erudite conversation fairly baffled those surrounding us
    I can imagine there was a high level of football hipsterism, la.

Certainly the tactical debate may have confounded those lucky enough to be in earshot.

I remember thinking Leroy Fer had played well for the Canaries. A level of footballing insight and appreciation not many could even dream of, or perhaps 1-2 too many Timothy Taylor Landlord liveners.

The fact that my travelling companion drifted off in slumber during the game suggests the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Certainly the tactical debate may have confounded those lucky enough to be in earshot.

I remember thinking Leroy Fer had played well for the Canaries. A level of footballing insight and appreciation not many could even dream of, or perhaps 1-2 too many Timothy Taylor Landlord liveners.

The fact that my travelling companion drifted off in slumber during the game suggests the latter.
    I'd forgotten that

I'd forgotten that
    Sleeping while attending a football match is an impressive effort, la. Were you not awoken by some fat-necked, onion-breathed hominid calling Wenger a 'CAAAAAAAANNNTTT!' at the top of his voice?