Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Did a reccy of the Kent coast this weekend with a view to a permanent move

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Are you equally mystified by stuff like bungee jumping?

Isn't this just a matter of your physiology rendering such experiences undesirable, because they make you feel sick?

Oh, no. They don't make me feel sick, they just trigger entirely rational fear responses in me and I'm not wired up to be one of those people who finds those responses enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Don't do it. You wont like it at all and it will be ****e for your kids once they are in their teens.

Are you desperately in need of more space?
    Yes, we'll certainly need more space within the next 5 or so years, but we don't want to miss while prices are dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's true, actually. His kids will end up spending their entire teenage years drinking cider and smoking skunk on the sea front.
    Yes, of course if they continue to grow up in wossname, Colindale isn't it? they'll spend their days reading poetry whilst drifting in punts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, of course if they continue to grow up in wossname, Colindale isn't it? they'll spend their days reading poetry whilst drifting in punts.
    Fair point, but I do think there's a big difference between growing up as we did in the suburbs in easy striking distance of central London and growing up in a relatively isolated small town.

Yes, we'll certainly need more space within the next 5 or so years, but we don't want to miss while prices are dirt cheap.
    Could you afford to move to a ****tier area of London?

Leaving London sounds ok and you think you wont miss stuff, or are close enough to visit etc.....

Your life tends to catch up with you and you end up hardly ever going to the stuff you used to like. You sound like you make the most of living where you do and enjoy it. You are going to hate being stuck miles away in what will feel like a cultural vacuum for you.

The effort required for me to spend an afternoon in Camden makes it very, very difficult to do and actually enjoy.

Also, people who grow up on the south coast, in my experience, tend to be raging alcoholics and/or drug infested nutbags. Think of your children!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fair point, but I do think there's a big difference between growing up as we did in the suburbs in easy striking distance of central London and growing up in a relatively isolated small town.
    Yep. And there is a difference between a kid who happily necks a gram of speed and goes on a rampage for 24 hours and one who is still doing it a week later.

Kent is the swinger or sex deviant capital of the UK.

I read this at the weekend, Guardian perhaps on Saturday. It all fits now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Could you afford to move to a ****tier area of London?

Leaving London sounds ok and you think you wont miss stuff, or are close enough to visit etc.....

Your life tends to catch up with you and you end up hardly ever going to the stuff you used to like. You sound like you make the most of living where you do and enjoy it. You are going to hate being stuck miles away in what will feel like a cultural vacuum for you.

The effort required for me to spend an afternoon in Camden makes it very, very difficult to do and actually enjoy.

Also, people who grow up on the south coast, in my experience, tend to be raging alcoholics and/or drug infested nutbags. Think of your children!
    Yes, we could. But we're raging snobs and are looking to have our cake and eat it, i.e.big house AND nice area
    Last edited by Monty92; 08-29-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Kent is the swinger or sex deviant capital of the UK.

I read this at the weekend, Guardian perhaps on Saturday. It all fits now.
    Is it? I lived there for 15 years and never got a sniff of any perversion.

Yes, we could. But we're raging snobs and are looking to have our cake and eat it, i.e. massive house AND nice area
    That's why people get second homes, m.