Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: So no more F1 Grid Girls and no scantily clad, fit birds leading the darts chaps out

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I agree there's an element of that. How long it can be sustained, however, is another matter.

Your sister, for instance. She told you she was going to vote Corbyn. Would you say she's been radicalised?
    My sister voted for Brexit before (nearly) voting for Corbyn, so in one sense she’s a terrible example.

On the other, she’s a good one as she's part of another key Corbyn demographic: the one swayed by his undeniable normality (compared with your average politician) which makes him instantly likeable and sympathetic to anyone unaware of (or simply uninterested in) what he actually believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    My sister voted for Brexit before (nearly) voting for Corbyn, so in one sense she’s a terrible example.

On the other, she’s a good one as she's part of another key Corbyn demographic: the one swayed by his undeniable normality (compared with your average politician) which makes him instantly likeable and sympathetic to anyone unaware of (or simply uninterested in) what he actually believes.
    Is intellectual negligibility what passes for normal these days, then? How depressing.

Is intellectual negligibility what passes for normal these days, then? How depressing.
    This is exactly what I mean. monty appears able to accept, with some equanimity, that his sister voted for the traitor Corbyn because he is 'likeable', whereas any normal human being would be busy have her sectioned. It's not just that she's a pig**** ignorant maniac, it's that the people around her are offering no guidance because they're just as bad.

She didn’t vote for him. I persuaded her not to the night before.

I’m aware this doesn’t substantively alter your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This is exactly what I mean. monty appears able to accept, with some equanimity, that his sister voted for the traitor Corbyn because he is 'likeable', whereas any normal human being would be busy have her sectioned. It's not just that she's a pig**** ignorant maniac, it's that the people around her are offering no guidance because they're just as bad.

Come on . I hate the **** but even I can see his appeal when compared to the abject weirdness of 99% of politicians.

Come on . I hate the **** but even I can see his appeal when compared to the abject weirdness of 99% of politicians.
    You find him appealling? Do you mean... sexually?

She didn’t vote for him. I persuaded her not to the night before.

I’m aware this doesn’t substantively alter your point.
    How did your sister get to the stage where, as a Person of Jewishness (PoJ), she was unaware of the virulent strain of anti-semitism endorsed by Corbyn? How little attention was she paying?

Really? I always think he looks like he has absolutely appalling breath.

I mean the real 'something's died in there' type. The type that bitter old bachelor teachers get.

You only need to look at John McDonnell to see the pull factor of Corbyn’s personality Exactly the same politics and ideology but Mcdonell would have destroyed Labour as leader.

Corbyn comes across as authentic and that counts for an awful lot.

And the parallels with Trump don’t end there, either...

Really? I always think he looks like he has absolutely appalling breath.

I mean the real 'something's died in there' type. The type that bitter old bachelor teachers get.

She’s about as Jewish as me, without the nose...

How did your sister get to the stage where, as a Person of Jewishness (PoJ), she was unaware of the virulent strain of anti-semitism endorsed by Corbyn? How little attention was she paying?