Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Mixed feelings on that VAR ****. I felt it worked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I would often show the keeper a slightly loose strap on my pad in an attempt to pacify him.
    How often did that work? I'm going with 'never'.

One should never attempt to reason with wicketkeepers imo. They are generally subhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

One should never attempt to reason with wicketkeepers imo. They are generally subhuman.
    Much the same as goalkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Much the same as goalkeepers
    Both are wronguns, but wicketkeepers have that fiercely annoying yappy Jack Russell (the dog, not the wicketkeeper, ironically) thing going on that makes you fantasise about burying your bat in their brain pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

It hasn't ever worked but it would at least make me feel less guilty as I had provided a plausible explanation for the noise.

Once, on the following ball, I played the following delivery onto my off peg via the inside edge. The wicketkeeper was still clearly apoplectic and ran into my path as I left the field of play and screamed 'you f*cking hit that one didn't you, c**t?!' in my face

He got slapped with a 2 game ban for that.

Alongside VAR I would like the Refs to be miked up so we actually here their rationale.

That’s one aspect of the system in Rugby I like.

Would also help shame a few players ie the ones constantly moaning and swearing at the ref. Reckon you would see a massive reduction in this side of the game if they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Alongside VAR I would like the Refs to be miked up so we actually here their rationale.

That’s one aspect of the system in Rugby I like.

Would also help shame a few players ie the ones constantly moaning and swearing at the ref. Reckon you would see a massive reduction in this side of the game if they did that.
    The TV companies would insist on it. And what the TV companies want, they tend to get.