Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: AWIMB Bob Dylan suggestions - WES's review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I was really talking about the craft of an album. So in your analogy, if an artist had done a series of works in a particular order and had assembled them in that order to tell a story, would you not want to see them in that order?

Anyway, its just me. I like an album.
    I think we're making swing the point here, which is that the truly great albums are actually telling a story. That story has a narrative arc and, by pïssing about with the order, you destroy that narrative. In the case of Bloodon the Tracks, it's the story of a doomed relationship. It goes full circle from Tangled up in Blue to Shelter from the Storm and - Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts aside - it makes sense in that order. We lose that if we stop listening to albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think we're making swing the point here, which is that the truly great albums are actually telling a story. That story has a narrative arc and, by pïssing about with the order, you destroy that narrative. In the case of Bloodon the Tracks, it's the story of a doomed relationship. It goes full circle from Tangled up in Blue to Shelter from the Storm and - Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts aside - it makes sense in that order. We lose that if we stop listening to albums.
    No, not interested in their troubles, I'm afraid. I just want tunes I can tap the toes to and sing in my bath. Of course, these are far harder to come up with.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, not interested in their troubles, I'm afraid. I just want tunes I can tap the toes to and sing in my bath. Of course, these are far harder to come up with.

Exactly. So you have no need for the craft. THere is plenty of music out there for you and jolly good luck with it. You have no need for the good stuff- nor do you deserve it.

Exactly. So you have no need for the craft. THere is plenty of music out there for you and jolly good luck with it. You have no need for the good stuff- nor do you deserve it.
    You're all just trying too hard to be complete homos, I'm afraid. Once a work of art is out there, it belongs to me, the punter, not the artist, the player. They just need to just pick up their cheques and shut up.

You'll all be banging on about recording qualities and sound mixings next, and agreeing with Ash that there's hardly any point listening to any music at all unless you happen to live in the Albert Hall.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

You're all just trying too hard to be complete homos, I'm afraid. Once a work of art is out there, it belongs to me, the punter, not the artist, the player. They just need to just pick up their cheques and shut up.

You'll all be banging on about recording qualities and sound mixings next, and agreeing with Ash that there's hardly any point listening to any music at all unless you happen to live in the Albert Hall.
    You think you can separate the art from the artist. I suspect there is a lesson from elsewhere that will explain why you believe this, probably involving hounds.

You think you can separate the art from the artist. I suspect there is a lesson from elsewhere that will explain why you believe this, probably involving hounds.
    I can if I want to certainly. I'm a grown man, not a teenage girl.

I can if I want to certainly. I'm a grown man, not a teenage girl.
    'I can do it if I want to' certainly sounds like the reaction of a teenage girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Going old school, it is acceptable to skip Lily, Rosemary and the JAck of hearts. Failing to do so will mean that when one tries to fit the album on to one side of a cassette one will lose Buckets of Rain. That is unacceptable.,