Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I wonder how Alexis is coping with events at Old Trafford?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Jose is one of the reasons he went there apparently.

Jose's latest destroy and exit project is going very, very well so far. :athleticomince:
    I think the idea of a bunch of shìt British managers getting together and discussing their latest 'Destroy and Exit' plans for a range of crappy clubs made me laugh almost as much as discussion of McClaren's hair island.

McClaren, Moyes, Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis, Redknapp - all in the British Managers Lunch Club. Who else is there?
    Last edited by Burney; 10-01-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think the idea of a bunch of shìt British managers getting together and discussing their latest 'Destroy and Exit' plans for a range of crappy clubs made me laugh almost as much as discussion of McLaren's hair island.

McLaren, Moyes, Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis, Redknapp - all in the British Managers Lunch Club. Who else is there?
    Mark Hughes.

I think the idea of a bunch of shìt British managers getting together and discussing their latest 'Destroy and Exit' plans for a range of crappy clubs made me laugh almost as much as discussion of McClaren's hair island.

McClaren, Moyes, Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis, Redknapp - all in the British Managers Lunch Club. Who else is there?
    are Hughes and Hodgson members?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    are Hughes and Hodgson members?
    Absolutely. Hodgson is virtually a founder member.

Honestly, though, it is a source of wonder that these men keep getting given these jobs.
    Last edited by Burney; 10-01-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Honestly, though, it is a source of wonder that these men keep getting given these jobs.
    I suspect Dyche and Howe aren't members?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I suspect Dyche and Howe aren't members?
    Dyche has all the makings of a great future member. These chaps usually make their name at one club, only to move on and signally fail to reproduce their 'success' (ie not getting relegated) elsewhere. This is when they embark on the full 'Destroy and exit' cycle.

Really - would say Hodgson is the antithesis of the Warnock-Allardyce brigade. Intelligent, well-spoken, realises there is life beyond the English coast. Can't see any of the others managing Inter Milan for example

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Really - would say Hodgson is the antithesis of the Warnock-Allardyce brigade. Intelligent, well-spoken, realises there is life beyond the English coast. Can't see any of the others managing Inter Milan for example
    True, but many of the same factors are there: West Brom, Crystal Palace (having held at least one of these two jobs is almost mandatory for membership of the club); getting a big club job and failing (Liverpool); and an inexplicable and ignominious stint as England manager.

Or learning to speak another language. Or any language, in fact.

And if they did, I doubt any of them would be caught claiming there's nothing worth seeing there except their stadium, his house and the training ground.

It's complicated alright.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."