Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well you say it's just a game, but it's also a business, isn't it? It employs a bunch of people whose incomes and even jobs may be threatened should it start to enter a period of serious decline. So we may think 'It's just a game', but the people who run the club may not.
    Well, quite. For the shareholders it is a serious matter and they are entitled to ask whatever questions they deem appropriate.

The rest of us are just watching a bunch of lads kick an inflated sphere about. It's nothing to get excited about.

I'm wearing my pragmatic head today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, quite. For the shareholders it is a serious matter and they are entitled to ask whatever questions they deem appropriate.

The rest of us are just watching a bunch of lads kick an inflated sphere about. It's nothing to get excited about.

Oh, I agree. As you know, I'm even less likely than you to get myself excited about it. However, I just felt Monty's tone a tad misplaced and felt the need to pull him up on it.

Is it Decline and Fall again tonight? It's on at the same time as the Saxon violence thing, I think.

Oh, I agree. As you know, I'm even less likely than you to get myself excited about it. However, I just felt Monty's tone a tad misplaced and felt the need to pull him up on it.

Is it Decline and Fall again tonight? It's on at the same time as the Saxon violence thing, I think.
    I'm not sure, I've got it set to record. glw out tonight, so I need to decide which lump of meat I'm going to experiment with. So far I have Komadoed a leg of lamb (slow roast with smoke) and some fat rib-eyes (seared then finished over indirect heat.) Both results have been marvellous. (The steaks might have benefitted from 30 seconds less cooking.) Perhaps I should try some pigflesh.

I'm not sure, I've got it set to record. glw out tonight, so I need to decide which lump of meat I'm going to experiment with. So far I have Komadoed a leg of lamb (slow roast with smoke) and some fat rib-eyes (seared then finished over indirect heat.) Both results have been marvellous. (The steaks might have benefitted from 30 seconds less cooking.) Perhaps I should try some pigflesh.
    It's on Friday nights I think. Finally saw the second half of episode one last night. Quite superb

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's on Friday nights I think. Finally saw the second half of episode one last night. Quite superb
    Isn't it, though? I'm very pleasantly surprised by how good Jack Whitehall is, I must admit. Well first I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't feel my usual strong urge to strike him and then was impressed by his acting.

Isn't it, though? I'm very pleasantly surprised by how good Jack Whitehall is, I must admit. Well first I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't feel my usual strong urge to strike him and then was impressed by his acting.
    In the few episodes of Fresh Meat I saw he was good but basically playing himself. Cracking cast around him - even Yara Greyjoy is good

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    In the few episodes of Fresh Meat I saw he was good but basically playing himself. Cracking cast around him - even Yara Greyjoy is good
    Yes, I liked Fresh Meat but, as you say, he was simply an extension of his stage persona.

The chap playing Captain Grimes was especially good. Douglas Hodge, was it?

It's each to their own, innit. You like television; is that not just a game, a play?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."