Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theo should have had 4 or 5 today.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It would have been funny if he'd skied that one, though, given that his technique was much more sensible a couple of weeks ago when he (correctly) struck over the ball and was deemed to have been lucky when it bounced in...
    But what of aesthetics, ffs? A goal absolutely lashed on the volley into the top of the net from a tight angle, giving the keeper no chance is a thing of beauty and a joy forever, whereas a goal limply bounced in is a bit of a wet fart.

Sometimes soul must supersede mere technique or pragmatism. Mesut and I understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But what of aesthetics, ffs? A goal absolutely lashed on the volley into the top of the net from a tight angle, giving the keeper no chance is a thing of beauty and a joy forever, whereas a goal limply bounced in is a bit of a wet fart.

Sometimes soul must supersede mere technique or pragmatism. Mesut and I understand this.
    I quite agree. So did people like Johan Cruyff and Dennis Bergkamp.

I quite agree. So did people like Johan Cruyff and Dennis Bergkamp.
    Oh, yes. I am of course a complete hypocrite on this matter. Had he ****ed it and we'd gone on to drop points, I would have blamed him for not doing it more sensibly.

Btw, I was down Borough market yesterday and I noticed that that big cookshop ('Borough Kitchen, I think) stocks All-Clad pans if you want to add to your collection.

Oh, yes. I am of course a complete hypocrite on this matter. Had he ****ed it and we'd gone on to drop points, I would have blamed him for not doing it more sensibly.

Btw, I was down Borough market yesterday and I noticed that that big cookshop ('Borough Kitchen, I think) stocks All-Clad pans if you want to add to your collection.
    Ooh really? Thank you. Next time I'm feeling flush I may invest in the fúck off great pasta boiler/strainer thing.

Ooh really? Thank you. Next time I'm feeling flush I may invest in the fúck off great pasta boiler/strainer thing.
    Yes. A bit rich for my blood at the moment, I fear. In fact, I tried not to physically blench when I looked at the price.

Yes. A bit rich for my blood at the moment, I fear. In fact, I tried not to physically blench when I looked at the price.
    Yes, it is a bit of a deep breath job... on the other hand, consider the silly stuff we pay money for and think nothing of; a pan which you will use every day and that will last a lifetime is probablya bargain at £500.

I'm not rushing in there though, to be honest.

Yes, it is a bit of a deep breath job... on the other hand, consider the silly stuff we pay money for and think nothing of; a pan which you will use every day and that will last a lifetime is probablya bargain at £500.

I'm not rushing in there though, to be honest.
    Oh, I know. I was uttering exactly such justifications to my wife as she virtually frogmarched me out of there.

This bad boy.

https://www.boroughkitchen.com/brand...-with-lid-24cm

Yes. A lovely thing. Mind you, I am somewhat confused as to how what is at the end of the day simply a cooking pot can cost as much as a smartphone or, indeed, a second-hand car.

It looks like someone photoshopped the wrong price on c
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar