Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just on the Taylor thing, I'm not sure people realise just how good John Barnes was.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I thought you were on about "Sir" Luther Blissett
    Well he wasn't half a bad player to find in your youth setup either.

Of course the almost-certainly apocryphal story when he went to Milan was that the order had been to sign the black guy from Watford and they came back with the wrong black guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Of course the almost-certainly apocryphal story when he went to Milan was that the order had been to sign the black guy from Watford and they came back with the wrong black guy.
    Aldridge, without any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Aldridge, without any doubt.
    He was distressingly scouse. And he was a sort of less good but more irritating version of Ian Rush.

Mind you, Grobelaar was -a war criminal who took bungs and thought he was fücking fantastic. I think I have to give him the cünt crown.

I was at the Southampton game after Grobelaar was given his suspended ban.

Paul Dickov took the worst pelanty I have ever seen.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I was at the Southampton game after Grobelaar was given his suspended ban.

Paul Dickov took the worst pelanty I have ever seen.
    I remember that. It was a dire game and that should've got us three points. We had the blue strip then, I think.

I assume we're saying Dickov missed on purpose and not just because he was shíte?

iirc (drink had been taken) Dickov started the ball well to the right of the right hand upright and bent it away . . .

in short, Dickov was dodgy*. There, I've said it.

* or ****
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    iirc (drink had been taken) Dickov started the ball well to the right of the right hand upright and bent it away . . .

in short, Dickov was dodgy*. There, I've said it.

* or ****
    Dickov missed because he was pissed ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I remember that. It was a dire game and that should've got us three points. We had the blue strip then, I think.

I assume we're saying Dickov missed on purpose and not just because he was shíte?
    It was a **** day
    Jimmy Carter fell over when he was warming up
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

It's certainly possible, isn't it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's certainly possible, isn't it.
    Kolo / Yaya ?