Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Cheer up everybody. He could have been offered a contract extension.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Indeed but the faux grief from some quarters is a bit too much. It's Football and in management these things happen and usually in a far more ruthless fashion.
    His legacy, like Cloughs, has been somewhat soiled, and for that , it's a genuine shame. I'm not sure if the fault lies with him or the board but the club has been allowed to slide away from top contention for far too many years.
    He was a fantastic manager in his day. Likely his achievements won't be repeated but recent years have told a different story.
    This is supposed to be the top echelon of global Football management. Stability can only be maintained where there are signs of progress. You feel the Board got swept away by too much sentiment and a inability to recognise a need for change.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Indeed but the faux grief from some quarters is a bit too much. It's Football and in management these things happen and usually in a far more ruthless fashion.
    His legacy, like Cloughs, has been somewhat soiled, and for that , it's a genuine shame. I'm not sure if the fault lies with him or the board but the club has been allowed to slide away from top contention for far too many years.
    He was a fantastic manager in his day. Likely his achievements won't be repeated but recent years have told a different story.
    This is supposed to be the top echelon of global Football management. Stability can only be maintained where there are signs of progress. You feel the Board got swept away by too much sentiment and a inability to recognise a need for change.
    I think we all agree it needed doing. It doesnt mean everyone is happy about it. Like putting down an old dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think we all agree it needed doing. It doesnt mean everyone is happy about it. Like putting down an old dog.
    Quite. And, as with the scenario you describe, only a cvnt would celebrate it.