Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Just on the Taylor thing, I'm not sure people realise just how good John Barnes was.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ronnie Whelan surely - and he was the biggest ****. I always quite liked Bruce - being the weak link in a very strong team helped
    If it brings any solace to you let me make you aware that RW is still a massive, grade A ****.

His frequent pundit appearances on Irish television would have one swearing more than usual (and then clearly having to apologise / point out that it is not clever etc).

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    If it brings any solace to you let me make you aware that RW is still a massive, grade A ****.

His frequent pundit appearances on Irish television would have one swearing more than usual (and then clearly having to apologise / point out that it is not clever etc).
    I am well aware of this unfortunately - the Whelan bit, not your profanities

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I am well aware of this unfortunately - the Whelan bit, not your profanities
    My abiding memory will always be of him in the background during the 0-2 in 89 when the ref's talking to someone else and Whelan is in the background with his gob open looking like a total fücking mong.

****er Whelan listens to the linesman talking the the referee after the first goal
    He goes for a pressure talk with the linesman after the goal has been given
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    ****er Whelan listens to the linesman talking the the referee after the first goal
    He goes for a pressure talk with the linesman after the goal has been given
    That's it. It's a while since I watched it due to VHS having ceased to be a viable format.