Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ostersunds....swedes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fùcking Swedes.

I increasingly feel they deserve everything they get.
    A wonderful society you mean? Or are you just channeling the tedious, inaccurate Daily Mail side of things?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    A wonderful society you mean? Or are you just channeling the tedious, inaccurate Daily Mail side of things?
    Ask bgm about some of the impacts of unchecked immigration of ‘refugees’ into Sweden and the consequent mendacious activities of the political and media classes, la. He actually lives there.

Ask bgm about some of the impacts of unchecked immigration of ‘refugees’ into Sweden and the consequent mendacious activities of the political and media classes, la. He actually lives there.
    Yes - and he moans constantly about stuff he has heard. Note that none of the things he mentions actually effect him directly - he just reports the equivalent of the Daily Mail scaremongering. I love how you patronisingly think that my only source of information on life in Sweden could be bgm, by the way, I have very many friends throughout the country that will tell you the dystopian hell that that certain outlets would like you to believe is quite frankly a crock of ****

Yes - and he moans constantly about stuff he has heard. Note that none of the things he mentions actually effect him directly - he just reports the equivalent of the Daily Mail scaremongering. I love how you patronisingly think that my only source of information on life in Sweden could be bgm, by the way, I have very many friends throughout the country that will tell you the dystopian hell that that certain outlets would like you to believe is quite frankly a crock of ****
    You realise, of course, that your chums saying everything’s fine are the equivalent of Highgate or Richmond residents telling people who live in Bradford, Rotherham or Tower Hamlets to stop moaning because there’s nothing to worry about - and if they disagree, they’re racist?

Also, I’m curious about just when you will consider bgm qualifies to speak? When a ‘refugee’ steals from him or rapes his other half? What degree of suffering does he have to endure before you will consider his concerns valid?
    Last edited by Burney; 12-11-2017 at 01:45 PM.

You realise, of course, that your chums saying everything’s fine are the equivalent of Highgate or Richmond residents telling people who live in Bradford, Rotherham or Tower Hamlets to stop moaning because there’s nothing to worry about - and if they disagree, they’re racist?

Also, I’m curious about just when you will consider bgm qualifies to speak? When a ‘refugee’ steals from him or rapes his other half? What degree of suffering does he have to endure before you will consider his concerns valid?
    You know where my friends live and what they do, you? What wonderful vantage point you manage to gain from your high horse, b

I don't discount what bgm says, I put it into context and place it with other information. Something you are shockingly unable to do

You know where my friends live and what they do, you? What wonderful vantage point you manage to gain from your high horse, b

I don't discount what bgm says, I put it into context and place it with other information. Something you are shockingly unable to do
    No, but I take into account your views and status and assume that (as with most people) they are largely reflected in your friendship group. Not an unreasonable assumption, I think. I also take into account the fact that the demonstrably wilful refusal of the average left-leaning Euro-liberal such as yourself to acknowledge the disaster that unchecked immigration of young, male, muslim migrants has been is as much an intrinsic part of this story as the migrants themselves. So I factor in your bias and the likely bias of your friends and do put these things in context - just not a context you particularly like.

No, but I take into account your views and status and assume that (as with most people) they are largely reflected in your friendship group. Not an unreasonable assumption, I think. I also take into account the fact that the demonstrably wilful refusal of the average left-leaning Euro-liberal such as yourself to acknowledge the disaster that unchecked immigration of young, male, muslim migrants has been is as much an intrinsic part of this story as the migrants themselves. So I factor in your bias and the likely bias of your friends and do put these things in context - just not a context you particularly like.
    "here are my prejudices, I will see everything through my prejudices". SAD, b

I like you, b- which is reading rants like this is so crushingly disappointing. I secretly hope that one day you are going to admit it was all a joke.

Leaving aside our prejudices, it is patently hysterical and the other end of the spectrum from the laughable nonsense you like to point out in the Guardian. You are not prone to this on any other topic. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I like you, b- which is reading rants like this is so crushingly disappointing. I secretly hope that one day you are going to admit it was all a joke.

Leaving aside our prejudices, it is patently hysterical and the other end of the spectrum from the laughable nonsense you like to point out in the Guardian. You are not prone to this on any other topic. What gives?
    I sincerely believe that as a society - hell, as a civilisation - we are skipping gaily towards utter catastrophe and I despair at the complacency and unthinking complicity of otherwise decent people who think that denying the obvious truth of what is happening represents a morally virtuous position.
    Last edited by Burney; 12-11-2017 at 08:59 PM.

I sincerely believe that as a society - hell, as a civilisation - we are skipping gaily towards utter catastrophe and I despair at the complacency and unthinking complicity of otherwise decent people who think that denying the obvious truth of what is happening is a morally virtuous position.
    There it is again...hell, catastrophe.... and people call me miserable