Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: She must be some sort of masochist.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I paid slightly more attention to this recently and I'm not sure I understand the DUP's issue with the backstop particularly.

It seems that the main complaint is that the backstop - like paying 39bil immediately - is seen as weakening our bargaining position in the future relationship negotiations hence it has to go. But if it goes does that not simply mean that our main leverage is a no deal threat? And how much leverage is that given that every c*nt and his dog has assured the public that no deal will not happen including Parliament itself?

And isn't the DUP adamantly opposed to no deal because it means a hard border with Ireland? Honestly, so much of this still feels like much ado about nothing to me.
    OK. You may have been paying attention to this, but clearly understand very little about 220 years of Ulster Unionism.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    OK. You may have been paying attention to this, but clearly understand very little about 220 years of Ulster Unionism.
    Oh yes, I know nothing of the history of NI and Ireland etc.

Other than SW's point that they seem to be lunatics. All this fuss over a border. What sort of nutters would allow a simple border to be such a big deal?