Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Wonders of the Orient? The plains of the Serengeti? Rainforest, coral reefs, the snow-capped Himalayas? The organutan, the jaguar, the ostrich? Snacking in a Bangkok night market, watching the Arsenal game in a bar in Kigali, dancing in a New Delhi nightclub? Watching the sun set over the Andaman sea? Afternoon tea at Raffles, a stengah at the E&O, dinner at the Forodhani Gardens?

If I couldn't travel my soul would turn to dust
    There's a good Minster and mill complex in Halifax, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The aisle is clearly best, f. The middle seat is clearly the worst. If you've a strong bladder, the window seat's OK. It also gives you somewhere to rest your head when sleeping.
    I have to get up regularly to get some feeling back in the legs and get the movement back in my dodgy knee. Aisle seat is the only option.

A middle seat on a long haul flight is grounds for immediate suicide as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There's a good Minster and mill complex in Halifax, tbf.
    But, but... the world, a!

The blankets aren't clean, f. I won't touch 'em.
    I usually sling them somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I did, back in the day. I pushed out ace bangra moves until 4 a.m. in a club in Delhi one night until, noticing that the atmosphere had changed somewhat at the alcohol took proper hold, I said to the massive Sikh next to me, "I shouldn't really be here, should I? I'm going to get stabbed, aren't I/ I should leave, shouldn't I?" And he replied with utmost gravity, "Very wise, sir."
    They probably thought you were taking the pīss. As a white man dancing to bhangra, it's sort of hard not to look like you're taking the pīss imo. Partly because you probably are - at least partially.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have seen pyramids and temples in the jungle of Guatemala while tripping on acid. An utterly incredible experience.

And completely ruined by the flight there and back.
    It only really bothers me when I am doing it all the time. I do hate it, but its something you just have to endure. Give me an aisle seat and leave the **** alone and I can cope. When people start ****ing with me they are just asking for trouble, particularly if I am into 6 or 7 hours without a fag.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I have to get up regularly to get some feeling back in the legs and get the movement back in my dodgy knee. Aisle seat is the only option.

A middle seat on a long haul flight is grounds for immediate suicide as far as I am concerned.
    The window seat also gives you great power for annoying people if you decide to shut it in order to sleep or stop light irritating you. People who haven't opted for a window seat seem to think its their right to look out of YOUR window. Cheeky cünts.

If you love vulgar, oil-rich Wahhabi muslim autocracies with appalling human rights records so much, why don't you just marry one?
    You think the UAE is a Wahhabi autocracy?

You really haven't visited it, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It only really bothers me when I am doing it all the time. I do hate it, but its something you just have to endure. Give me an aisle seat and leave the **** alone and I can cope. When people start ****ing with me they are just asking for trouble, particularly if I am into 6 or 7 hours without a fag.

The really depressing thing about flying regularly is calculating how much time you have wasted hanging around in fücking airports. The closer the reaper's blade gets to me, the more I resent this.

They probably thought you were taking the pīss. As a white man dancing to bhangra, it's sort of hard not to look like you're taking the pīss imo. Partly because you probably are - at least partially.
    You weren't there, man.