Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I appreciate that Trump has found quite a lot of ways to annoy people but it doesnt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Isn't the bottom line that people, whether they hate Trump or are somewhat indifferent, don't really take him seriously. Even a proportion of those that support him don't really take him seriously, do they?
    No. We are repeatedly being told by media idiots that we must take him incredibly seriously as a threat to something or other. You can't move for hysterical hyperbole about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. We are repeatedly being told by media idiots that we must take him incredibly seriously as a threat to something or other. You can't move for hysterical hyperbole about him.
    You have to take him seriously, he is the ****ing President.

He may have been a joke candidate but he bloody won. He is technically the most powerful man in world politics. That sounds pretty serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You have to take him seriously, he is the ****ing President.

He may have been a joke candidate but he bloody won. He is technically the most powerful man in world politics. That sounds pretty serious.
    Of course it's serious, but there's no basis for him being considered a threat.

Of course it's serious, but there's no basis for him being considered a threat.
    Every President is a threat. This one is also a bit of a ****. Again, hardly new territory.

THe extent to which he can be considered a threat on the global stage rests on the assumption that diplomacy and sabre rattling depend on one individual. THey dont.

Trump is not going to accidentally start a war any more than Bush made a decision to invade Afghanistan and Iraq on his own. There are many, many people at the table and it is their job to make sure that global peace isnt reliant on the President's mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Every President is a threat. This one is also a bit of a ****. Again, hardly new territory.

THe extent to which he can be considered a threat on the global stage rests on the assumption that diplomacy and sabre rattling depend on one individual. THey dont.

Trump is not going to accidentally start a war any more than Bush made a decision to invade Afghanistan and Iraq on his own. There are many, many people at the table and it is their job to make sure that global peace isnt reliant on the President's mood.

My other half is adamant that he is in the early stages of dementia.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    My other half is adamant that he is in the early stages of dementia.
    Your other half is a/ a bloke and b/ in the early stages of dementia?

a/ I'm delighted you trust us enough to come out like that.
    b/ I'm really terribly sorry.

Your other half is a/ a bloke and b/ in the early stages of dementia?

a/ I'm delighted you trust us enough to come out like that.
    b/ I'm really terribly sorry.

I traded up from your mum.
    Last edited by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez; 07-16-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Trump is simply a second hand car salesman.. These guys are all accommodating , will switch opinions, whichever way their audience is leaning and embellish at will, in order to push the deal over the line..