Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the Rio Ferdinand documentary about his wife croaking?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No, but there was a lengthy article with him on the subject in the Sunday Times recently. To be honest, he came across as a peculiarly robotic, dessicated individual, entirely devoid of emotion or soul. The Peckham Berni, if you will.
    On the contrary, it was most touching. The poor f*cker has now got to actually look after his kids.

He has to do the school runs, arrange play dates with other mums, feed them and generally take responsibility for keeping them alive.

It's f*cking tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    On the contrary, it was most touching. The poor f*cker has now got to actually look after his kids.

He has to arrange play dates with other mums, do the school runs, feed them and generally contribute to keeping them alive.

It's f*cking tragic.
    Granted, that is rough, but it'd be a bit more tragic if he weren't a very wealthy man who doesn't have to work and is perfectly able to hire a full-time nanny, though, wouldn't it?

I found the sight of him milking his wife's death on TV a bit grim, if I'm honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Granted, that is rough, but it'd be a bit more tragic if he weren't a very wealthy man who doesn't have to work and is perfectly able to hire a full-time nanny, though, wouldn't it?

I found the sight of him milking his wife's death on TV a bit grim, if I'm honest.
    But it seems from the doc that he's chosen, presumably out of a sense of guilt and responsibility, not to take on a full time nanny and instead do all of that horrific child-rearing sh*t himself.

Which is pretty decent of the bloke, surely. In fact I don't remember seeing any kind of nanny the whole programme.

But it seems from the doc that he's chosen, presumably out of a sense of guilt and responsibility, not to take on a full time nanny and instead do all of that horrific child-rearing sh*t himself.

Which is pretty decent of the bloke, surely. In fact I don't remember seeing any kind of nanny the whole programme.
    He's not exactly looking after 3 toddlers, they are all at school so for large parts of his day he is free of them....... he must have some help so he could appear on breakfast TV.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Oh, well if you didn't see a nanny, I'm sure there definitely wasn't one.

Seriously, though, I don't care about Rio Ferdinand's feelz. He can fück off.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, well if you didn't see a nanny, I'm sure there definitely wasn't one.

Seriously, though, I don't care about Rio Ferdinand's feelz. He can fück off.
    Would be more tragic if you lost a partner with no warning (like the Spanish girl last week) and then have to bring up kids on your own

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Would be more tragic if you lost a partner with no warning (like the Spanish girl last week) and then have to bring up kids on your own
    tbf, I think it would be pretty tragic for any child to lose one or both their parents.....if we're going to be a teeny bit serious on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    tbf, I think it would be pretty tragic for any child to lose one or both their parents.....if we're going to be a teeny bit serious on the matter
    Yeah. Although if I were Rio Ferdinand's kids, I'd definitely have preferred it if he'd have died instead.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-29-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Having been in that situation myself, i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It happened to me back in the late 90's while living and working abroad. Kids were very young and yes, it was a tough few years. Life inevitably does move on but the inner strength comes more from not wanting to let your kids down and not from any hand wringing or woe is me stuff. People have always paid great tribute to me over the years but I say that anyone in the same circumstances would do the same thing.. Afterall, what choice do you really have