Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: It's a fraction over 2 weeks until the transfer window slams shut. So far we have

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The 'player he was' was an occasional contributor who had one decent game in three and then got himself injured, though.
    Yeah, but he was a kid then. Consistency comes with experience.

He has been pretty consistent in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yeah, but he was a kid then. Consistency comes with experience.

He has been pretty consistent in recent years

I don't really hate him. I think my biggest problem with him (apart from the tongue thing) was the depressing predictability of his career arc. Knowing he'd never realise his potential was fúcking depressing.

Mind you, if he'd been really successful, City would have bought him off us by now, so

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't really hate him. I think my biggest problem with him (apart from the tongue thing) was the depressing predictability of his career arc. Knowing he'd never realise his potential was fúcking depressing.

Mind you, if he'd been really successful, City would have bought him off us by now, so
    Of course, part of the idea was that he is one of our own, as they say, so no fear of him joining any other English club, especially a rival one.

I've always said that he's really only an English player by passport though; no need for us to even touch him if he were foreign, as there's more and better out there available to us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."