Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking in first without the handbrake.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was totally besotted with those vinyl roofed, 3 litre Granadas favoured by the Sweeney. Think they did about 11MPG .

My first ever car, the 2nd generation Capri, was a thing of great beauty but actually dangerously inept on corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I was totally besotted with those vinyl roofed, 3 litre Granadas favoured by the Sweeney. Think they did about 11MPG .

My first ever car, the 2nd generation Capri, was a thing of great beauty but actually dangerously inept on corners.
    When I was a teenager, a friend of mine inherited a Granada from his dad. It was enormous. You could get about a dozen people in the fücking thing. Quite handy for blagging lifts back from remote parties.

And to think the acceleration in one felt visceral at the time. A modern diesel Passat would leave one in the dust these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    My first ever car, the 2nd generation Capri, was a thing of great beauty but actually
    dangerously inept on corners.
    my mate had a 2.8i Capri. No real view of the road and dangerously quick for the chassis and steering. Great fun.

just had a look on the web. 150ps. what an incredibly inefficient engine by today's standards.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    my mate had a 2.8i Capri. No real view of the road and dangerously quick for the chassis and steering. Great fun.

just had a look on the web. 150ps. what an incredibly inefficient engine by today's standards.
    I have never fully grasped the concept of how driving a car can be "fun".

Back in the proverbial day when I would be driving around London very stoned in a car for which I bore no costs it was a little like a real life video game but I am sure none of us (responsible adults) would condone such behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have never fully grasped the concept of how driving a car can be "fun".

Back in the proverbial day when I would be driving around London very stoned in a car for which I bore no costs it was a little like a real life video game but I am sure none of us (responsible adults) would condone such behaviour.
    crawling around London in a traffic jam isn't fun of course, sw.

open country roads are a different matter altogether.

and being behind the steering wheel is no place for the stoned there are other places for that state...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

and being behind the steering wheel is no place for the stoned there are other places for that state...
    One should at least be responsible enough to balance things out with a noseful of coke imo. That way, you're basically sober. FACT.

I had to get to work mate. From N4 to EC1.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I had to get to work mate. From N4 to EC1.

The Tube..?

The Tube..?
    What would be the point of the company car then?