Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: To Cadogan Hall to see Richard Thompson.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Smelly? Trains are bland, relatively clean and practically sterile compared to in the 70's. Back then you had public transport smells with proper character.

Apart from smears from greasy hair on the windows of buses. That never goes out of style.
    Ah, a, you know about these things. Am I allowed to use my vaping device on the train?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah, a, you know about these things. Am I allowed to use my vaping device on the train?
    Strictly speaking, no, but apparently you I’d you hold the vapour in long enough and don’t exhale great clouds of it, nobody cares. This even works on planes, apparently.

I've no idea, I'm afraid. Not being a vapour the issue has not arisen. I'd say check the signage in the carriage for guidance on this matter.

I've no idea, I'm afraid. Not being a vapour the issue has not arisen. I'd say check the signage in the carriage for guidance on this matter.
    Well one is not smoking so can't see the legal issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well one is not smoking so can't see the legal issue here.
    Perhaps, but if someone is offended by it then pearls will get clutched.

Perhaps, but if someone is offended by it then pearls will get clutched.
    You can’t live your life based on fear of insulting another, especially not in this current / modern day nanny state we all inhabit.

Smoking is illegal on a train, Dutch is not planning to smoke. He will vape, he cares not what a soft gay jessy it makes him look. He is doing no wrong.

In fact if he is arrested and charged then I will offer to represent him and further will waive my fee save for expenses which I will charge back upon victory.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You can’t live your life based on fear of insulting another, especially not in this current / modern day nanny state we all inhabit.

Smoking is illegal on a train, Dutch is not planning to smoke. He will vape, he cares not what a soft gay jessy it makes him look. He is doing no wrong.

In fact if he is arrested and charged then I will offer to represent him and further will waive my fee save for expenses which I will charge back upon victory.
    Of course you have hit upon the nub of the matter here, sw; viz, there is no way to look like Jimmy Dean whilst vaping. Some **** surely can invent an e-gigarette that looks like a cigarette?

Of course you have hit upon the nub of the matter here, sw; viz, there is no way to look like Jimmy Dean whilst vaping. Some **** surely can invent an e-gigarette that looks like a cigarette?
    As I understand it, they're not really supposed to make ones that look like cigarettes. I can't see the problem with making ones that look like Meerschaum pipes, though.

Bit like standing in a bar drinking Barbican while pretending you are a real man?