Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
By 'hounded', you mean 'faced the media scrutiny usual to a famous person accused of a violent crime'. Surely you can see that pleading mental health and threats of self-harm as a way of getting the press of your case is a tactic that could be cynically manipulated by anyone who wants to avoid scrutiny? The idea that the press should back off just because a celeb plays the mental health card just doesn't fly, I'm afraid.

And her boyfriend asking that she not be prosecuted isn't really relevant, since the CPS policy is to prosecute in cases of domestic violence regardless of what the alleged victim says. Not doing so risks abusers manipulating their victims so that they get away with it.
Yes i do mean what you said, and how they report it is completly over the top, always has been and since social media took off it has become worse. She was obviously a troubled individual but that didn't cause the press to back off in the slightest.

And I am perfectly aware what the law states on domestic violence, she was more than likely guilty, but from what I can gather she has inflicted serious injuries on herself on the evening in question, so again, it was fairly obvious that she had serious mental health issues.