Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: It's a fraction over 2 weeks until the transfer window slams shut. So far we have

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Wilshere's different though, a rather exceptional case as he's the kind of central midfielder England simply doesn't produce. Now we know why, I guess
    I appreciate that, but that still made him a pale imitation of the type of player we could quite easily purchase from other countries. His being English never endeared him to me at all - quite the reverse, if anything, since he had a full set of all the negative English footballing traits of indiscipline, stupidity and a tendency to think 'putting your foot in' was a virtue even when it meant you kept getting crocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I appreciate that, but that still made him a pale imitation of the type of player we could quite easily purchase from other countries. His being English never endeared him to me at all - quite the reverse, if anything, since he had a full set of all the negative English footballing traits of indiscipline, stupidity and a tendency to think 'putting your foot in' was a virtue even when it meant you kept getting crocked.
    That's a Wenger issue; a British manager would've binned young Jackie Boy ages ago. Either that or he'd have refused to pick him until he had turned himself into a David Batty or a Billy Bremner. Maybe even a Dennis Wise.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."