Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Burney, your analogy between our treatment of animals and prostitution seems flawed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, in my vision of the future, eating beef from, say, a free range cow would be akin to admitting you once fúcked a whore on a stag do in Amsterdam. People would roll their eyes, but you'd basically pay no real social price.
    Chemically synthesised meat will probably become available at some point. Also consider that animals do more than just provide meat. Apart from dairy products and leather, they cut the grass in the lake district. Might as well eat them too if they're being bred for other purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Chemically synthesised meat will probably become available at some point. Also consider that animals do more than just provide meat. Apart from dairy products and leather, they cut the grass in the lake district. Might as well eat them too if they're being bred for other purposes.
    Synthesised meat is nearly here, I believe. Just a matter of years away before it starts to become commercially available. And many have eaten it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Synthesised meat is nearly here, I believe. Just a matter of years away before it starts to become commercially available. And many have eaten it already.
    If it tastes as good and is as cheap or cheaper to produce, then great. Otherwise, no thanks.