Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Hmmm. Churches in France do seem to be suffering a terrible run of luck lately.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yes, really
    In that case we either have an extremely different view of probablities or you are furiously displaying your woke credentials.

Are you Ian Harvey in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In that case we either have an extremely different view of probablities or you are furiously displaying your woke credentials.

Are you Ian Harvey in disguise?
    Well since the Paris Fire Authority have already said they don't believe it is Arson, unless you are assuming they are lying to protect some group, then i would suggest it was an accident is a very high probability
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Well since the Paris Fire Authority have already said they don't believe it is Arson, unless you are assuming they are lying to protect some group, then i would suggest it was an accident is a very high probability
    Amazing. So when we started having this discussion they hadn't said anything, but now they have, you're using that to justify your argument?

Fúck me. That's mendacious in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Amazing. So when we started having this discussion they hadn't said anything, but now they have, you're using that to justify your argument?

Fúck me. That's mendacious in the extreme.
    My default position was an unfortunate accident, that has strengthened after further comments this morning? I'm not quite sure why that is such a strange opening position?

Not quite. “There is no indication that this was a deliberate act,” is what's been said. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Here's something that never happens in normal fire investigations: people ruling out arson while the thing's still smoking.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-16-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Good point. I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Here's something that never happens in normal fire investigations: people ruling out arson while the thing's still smoking.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Not quite. “There is no indication that this was a deliberate act,” is what's been said. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

You think that saying there is no indication that this was a deliberate act and ruling out arson are the same thing?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You think that saying there is no indication that this was a deliberate act and ruling out arson are the same thing?

Really?
    No. In fact my whole point is that they aren't the same thing.

No. In fact my whole point is that they aren't the same thing.
    But it appears that your default position is that this is more likely to be arson that not/ Is that correct?

But it appears that your default position is that this is more likely to be arson that not/ Is that correct?
    No. I suggested that, given the recent spate of attacks against French religious sites (including a notable act of arson), the possibility that this was part of that pattern (rather than just a tragic accident) is worthy of consideration and certainly not something that can be lightly dismissed.

I do wish people would learn to fúcking read.