Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing. And that is that...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I feel like he could be quicker with a proper run up. He sort of ambles up to the popping crease, doesn't he?

I think I'd like to see him pushing off the wall in front of the pavilion next time he's at Lord's.
    That would be an excellent way of shortening his career. His pace isn't generated by momentum, it's generated by his rhythm and arm speed. He doesn't need to run 40m to be that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That would be an excellent way of shortening his career. His pace isn't generated by momentum, it's generated by his rhythm and arm speed. He doesn't need to run 40m to be that fast.
    And he really doesn't need to bowl faster. He hits 96mph..... I think that is probably quick enough

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And he really doesn't need to bowl faster. He hits 96mph..... I think that is probably quick enough
    Quite. In this World Cup, he hit a number of good batsmen in the head. That's pretty unusual and suggests there's not much wrong with his action or speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I know that. But it looks cool, doesn't it? Should also be coupled with a follow through that results in his nose touching the batsman's grille.