Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So a left wing politician dares to point out that

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course. But they're just the easily-cowed useful idiots. It's scumbag MPs across the House who look at their seat's demographics before deciding how they feel about mass rape of underage girls for whom I reserve my most vicious condemnation.
    Sarah Champion herself has also shown her true colours, despite her commendable response after the Newcastle convictions, when she said she'd been awake all night thinking about all of these girls who had been raped and enough was enough, we have to face the reality of where this problem is coming from.

Now she's effectively been forced out of her job. So if she truly cared about those young white girls that she claimed lost her a night's sleep, she would be all over the press, condemning the fact she's been forced out, and being more vocal than ever about the whole issue.

But of course, the chances of her doing so are zero, and she will keep a low profile and wait to be offered another job within the Labour party.

Hopefully she will save it all up for the weekend and speak out on the Andrew Marr show
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Sarah Champion herself has also shown her true colours, despite her commendable response after the Newcastle convictions, when she said she'd been awake all night thinking about all of these girls who had been raped and enough was enough, we have to face the reality of where this problem is coming from.

Now she's effectively been forced out of her job. So if she truly cared about those young white girls that she claimed lost her a night's sleep, she would be all over the press, condemning the fact she's been forced out, and being more vocal than ever about the whole issue.

But of course, the chances of her doing so are zero, and she will keep a low profile and wait to be offered another job within the Labour party.
    Give her a ****ing chance. She said one thing and got fired for it, watching the political class close its ranks.

Only fair to let her have a think about her next move.

Anyway, you are missing a crucial point here. A local councillor in Newcastle (Asian) explained that asking the Asian community to take responsibility for this is like asking the white community to take responsibility for Jimmy Saville.

Even I wanted to smack the smug **** in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Give her a ****ing chance. She said one thing and got fired for it, watching the political class close its ranks.

Only fair to let her have a think about her next move.

Anyway, you are missing a crucial point here. A local councillor in Newcastle (Asian) explained that asking the Asian community to take responsibility for this is like asking the white community to take responsibility for Jimmy Saville.

Even I wanted to smack the smug **** in the face.
    But you won't admit it's a Muslim problem

But you won't admit it's a Muslim problem
    Its committed by asian men, most of whom are Muslims. It strongly suggests that there is some issue with how members of these communities view young white women (as they are always the target).

Without question, it is an issues for these communities to address. Refusing to do so, refusing to even accept that there is an issue, is bull****. Its also a tremendously inhumane response to see this as a race issue and ignore the multitude of victims.

The whole situation becomes rather difficult when you refer to it as a 'muslim problem' or refer to the perpetrators as Pakistani when plenty of them aren't. It is also rather difficult to refer to a single community which doesn't actually exist.

I have no problem saying that the members of these gangs seem to be almost exclusively muslim. I know you want to go back down the path of blaming the entire religion for it. Would I help if I told you that was exactly the wrong thing to do if you are actually interested in stopping it happening?

Its committed by asian men, most of whom are Muslims. It strongly suggests that there is some issue with how members of these communities view young white women (as they are always the target).

Without question, it is an issues for these communities to address. Refusing to do so, refusing to even accept that there is an issue, is bull****. Its also a tremendously inhumane response to see this as a race issue and ignore the multitude of victims.

The whole situation becomes rather difficult when you refer to it as a 'muslim problem' or refer to the perpetrators as Pakistani when plenty of them aren't. It is also rather difficult to refer to a single community which doesn't actually exist.

I have no problem saying that the members of these gangs seem to be almost exclusively muslim. I know you want to go back down the path of blaming the entire religion for it. Would I help if I told you that was exactly the wrong thing to do if you are actually interested in stopping it happening?
    A Muslim mayor speaks:

DHawuq.jpg

You say "some issue with how members of these communities view young white women" as if we don't know what that issue is. As if it's a big fúcking mystery that we just can't unravel, however hard we look

But it isn't. The answer is in the The Holy Quran and its associated scriptures. Honestly, read it. It's all there, and leaves absolutely no ambiguity about why those who believe the book is the immutable word of God may feel justified in raping underage white girls.

So yes, in this sense, I do blame the whole religion. How can you not?

You say "some issue with how members of these communities view young white women" as if we don't know what that issue is. As if it's a big fúcking mystery that we just can't unravel, however hard we look

But it isn't. The answer is in the The Holy Quran and its associated scriptures. Honestly, read it. It's all there, and leaves absolutely no ambiguity about why those who believe the book is the immutable word of God may feel justified in raping underage white girls.

So yes, in this sense, I do blame the whole religion. How can you not?
    The problem with blaming the whole religion is that it implies that you blame everyone in it. Do you?

The problem with blaming the whole religion is that it implies that you blame everyone in it. Do you?
    Of course not and why on earth does it imply that? Islam is a set of ideas, nothing more. Bad ideas provoke people into doing bad things. But people who believe in bad ideas but don't do bad things cannot be held responsible for those who do. They should, of course, be ridiculed out of believing bad ideas and sharply reminded where bad ideas can lead, but that is where the opprobrium should end.

This is the problem right here. We have conflated race and religion to such an extent in the case of Islam that we have forgotten that they aren't even close to being the same thing. Islam is a religion - a set of ideas upon which people are expected to base their lives and - like any set of ideas - it is a valid target for criticism.

I'm a Catholic (albeit nominally) and, if you ask me whether Catholicism bears some responsibility for the many crimes of priests against children I would say that it absolutely does. Nothing controversial about that whatsoever.

However, if you suggest that Islam as a creed may bear some responsibility for the actions and attitudes we see in Rotherham, Rochdale and Newcastle, it won't be long before you're shouted down as racist. Why the difference?