Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
Unfortunately, she’s a dangerous mixture of stubborn, determined and utterly devoid of flair, courage, imagination or vision.
Just as all Churchill’s flaws became strengths during WWII, all her potential strengths as a Cabinet Minister (or even PM during quiet times) are flaws in this situation.
I paid slightly more attention to this recently and I'm not sure I understand the DUP's issue with the backstop particularly.

It seems that the main complaint is that the backstop - like paying 39bil immediately - is seen as weakening our bargaining position in the future relationship negotiations hence it has to go. But if it goes does that not simply mean that our main leverage is a no deal threat? And how much leverage is that given that every c*nt and his dog has assured the public that no deal will not happen including Parliament itself?

And isn't the DUP adamantly opposed to no deal because it means a hard border with Ireland? Honestly, so much of this still feels like much ado about nothing to me.