Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Gutted for "Drity" Leeds last night.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it, after all.
    I did actually like Kewell, Haisselbaink and Viduka. The rest could fúck off, though.

I liked that Viduca was immensely slow and ponderous, but at the same time highly skilful. More of that sort of thing.

Was Viduka the football player who claimed that Allan Border was his hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I did actually like Kewell, Haisselbaink and Viduka. The rest could fúck off, though.

I liked that Viduca was immensely slow and ponderous, but at the same time highly skilful. More of that sort of thing.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Was Viduka the football player who claimed that Allan Border was his hero?
    I think that was Christian Vieri, wasn't it?

Right, yes. It was Bobo.

From Wiki: In an interview at the 1998 FIFA World Cup, Vieri named his all-time sporting hero as Australian cricketer Allan Border, and said that as a child he was better at cricket than football.

I think that was Christian Vieri, wasn't it?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I remember him scoring a winner at THoF one Monday night (istr), the fat ****.
    We lost 1-2 and they had 2 sent off.

One of the was Danny Mills. Kicked the ball at an Arsenal player's head when they were laid down injured
    The Henry-destroyed ****.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I remember him scoring a winner at THoF one Monday night (istr), the fat ****.
    We lost 1-2 and they had 2 sent off.

One of the was Danny Mills. Kicked the ball at an Arsenal player's head when they were laid down injured
    The Henry-destroyed ****.
    I was at that game.

It hurt.

Was that not the first game of that season? Or first home game anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I was at that game.

It hurt.

Was that not the first game of that season? Or first home game anyway?
    First home game - actually midweek not a Monday night. We had started off the season with a 4-0 on Saturday at Boro. We were rather good away from home that year