Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Remember the days when some amongst us were young enough

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm rustling up some bloody lovely food most weekends on my Landmann (4-hour apple smoked baby back ribs on Saturday), but I am finding the heat management a bit of a pain in the hole.

So am I correct to say you claim you can do a proper long smoke with just ONE chimney of lumpwood on your Kamodo?

I'm finding I have to add another chimney's worth every hour or so - and I'm using the expensive stuff.

I was going to experiment with briquettes instead as they burn for longer.
    I don't measure by the chimney but one load of big block lasts easily for 8 hours and often for 12. That's probably a little more than a chimney's worth, but no0t by much. The Kamado is efficient, see?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't measure by the chimney but one load of big block lasts easily for 8 hours and often for 12. That's probably a little more than a chimney's worth, but no0t by much. The Kamado is efficient, see?
    Yeah, I've noticed you get a lot more mileage out of bigger blocks.

Got any good fish recipes? Not f*cking salmon.

Yeah, I've noticed you get a lot more mileage out of bigger blocks.

Got any good fish recipes? Not f*cking salmon.
    Actually I never do fish, I have a strange mental block about all my equipment ending up fishy. Ridiculous, really.

Actually I never do fish, I have a strange mental block about all my equipment ending up fishy. Ridiculous, really.
    What confuses me about the Kamodo is how you get the slow n low effect in a dome shaped BBQ. In my Landmann the meat is about a metre away from the heat, but surely in a kamodo it must be significantly closer?

What confuses me about the Kamodo is how you get the slow n low effect in a dome shaped BBQ. In my Landmann the meat is about a metre away from the heat, but surely in a kamodo it must be significantly closer?
    It's all to do with the Divide 'n Conquer flexible cooking system, the ceramic heat deflector plates and the tiny amount of burning required to heat the ceramic body of the beast. Plus the special shape.

If you have the a look at the Kamado Joe youtube channel, John Setzler will explain everything to you.

You're deeply insecure about your lack of a Kamado Joe, aren't you? You know that this is just another way in which you have failed to be a real man. I would like to reassure you on this point, but, you know... you just keep pussying around with your Landmann.

It's all to do with the Divide 'n Conquer flexible cooking system, the ceramic heat deflector plates and the tiny amount of burning required to heat the ceramic body of the beast. Plus the special shape.

If you have the a look at the Kamado Joe youtube channel, John Setzler will explain everything to you.

You're deeply insecure about your lack of a Kamado Joe, aren't you? You know that this is just another way in which you have failed to be a real man. I would like to reassure you on this point, but, you know... you just keep pussying around with your Landmann.
    Without wishing to be vulgar, which of these packages did you go for?

https://www.birstall.co.uk/ranges_pi...xoCbkwQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Without wishing to be vulgar, which of these packages did you go for?

https://www.birstall.co.uk/ranges_pi...xoCbkwQAvD_BwE
    I got the Classic Joe with cart and a bunch of accessories in a package, including the rotisserie and cast iron grills and so on. The whole package was about £1,500, I think. That was 2 years ago and I think it's gone up a bit since then.

Also, fnaaaar!