Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This Harvey Weinstein fellow; he's clearly something of a knob.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Because consensual sex can never involve an abuse of power?
    It can do, but shouldn't automatically be assumed. It treats grown women (and I am talking about adults here) as children to deny them their agency and ability to consent.

Totally different from promising a career in exchange for sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It can do, but shouldn't automatically be assumed. It treats grown women (and I am talking about adults here) as children to deny them their agency and ability to consent.

But surely such a transactional arrangement falls entirely within the boundaries of agency and consent you outline? Each party has something the other wants and an exchange is made - where’s the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But surely such a transactional arrangement falls entirely within the boundaries of agency and consent you outline? Each party has something the other wants and an exchange is made - where’s the problem?
    The problem is that women are expected to be prostitutes to advance a career other than prostitution.

The problem is that women are expected to be prostitutes to advance a career other than prostitution.
    Not just dollies, A. Unless you've missed the ongoing sex abuse investigations in football, I suppose. Of course, it's the modern convention but I'm not certain divvying the various victims up into factions is terribly helpful.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Its a bit of a leap to assume these girls were happy to do all of the things they were asked to. What about the many, many stories of what they were sometimes asked to do just to get backstage and hang with the band? I doubt many were that desperate to blow the road crew.

The transaction relates to getting to hang with the band backstage as long as you are prepared to offer whatever sexual treats were demanded.