Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actually, I feel sorry for Mustafi.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There, I said it.
    90% of the time he looks like a bloody good defender. There's just something not quite right. Others have mentioned confidence, or playing in sub-standard unit, or lapses in concentration. One, or all of these, is probably to blame.

I'll tell you what though Clive. Booing him isn't going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    90% of the time he looks like a bloody good defender. There's just something not quite right. Others have mentioned confidence, or playing in sub-standard unit, or lapses in concentration. One, or all of these, is probably to blame.

he's good for one big error a game though I like him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Well I for one believe we ought to blame Emery.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well I for one believe we ought to blame Emery.
    a Wenger panic buy.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    a Wenger panic buy.
    Gary Neville is on record as saying when he was Valencia boss, they couldn't shove him for love nor money. Basically said he was a complete liability and he didn't understand why Arsenal were interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Gary Neville is on record as saying when he was Valencia boss, they couldn't shove him for love nor money. Basically said he was a complete liability and he didn't understand why Arsenal were interested.
    He isn't on record as saying this at all - he's on record being quite complimentary at times. What you are quoting is what he is alleged to have said to Lee Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He isn't on record as saying this at all - he's on record being quite complimentary at times. What you are quoting is what he is alleged to have said to Lee Dixon
    Actual quotes from Neville on Mustafi a few games after we signed him:

Neville told the Metro: "Mustafi has got an incredible amount of natural ability and talent, good physical capability and I think with age and maturity he will grow into being a fantastic defender.

"He’s got all the attributes you would want. I think he’s got all the makings of it.

"Defenders will mature with age and I think he will get better and better."

Neville told the Metro: "Mustafi has got an incredible amount of natural ability and talent, good physical capability and I think with age and maturity he will grow into being a fantastic defender.

"He’s got all the attributes you would want. I think he’s got all the makings of it.

So what he is trying to say is 'Heis ****e at the moment. He has legs, a head, a body and a brain. He can also run about and therefore; with the benefit of time may develop into a defender capable of playing at this level?'

I think his good spell coincided with having a steady partnership in the middle with someone, Kos maybe. 3 at the back really doesn't suit him. I expect that Unai thinks that if we have a first choice LB we can play 4 at the back consistently we will see the best of him again.

Wouldn't hurt to have Torreira establish himself in the DM role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    a Wenger panic buy.
    I hardly think you can describe a German international World Cup winner as a panic buy.

And besides, it's irrelevant. The greasy gobbledegook merchant has been in charge for a year now. Everything that's wrong is by definition his fault.