Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I don't really care about James Bond films as they're really stupid, but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Idris Elba being made the new James Bond would strike me as a fairly major 'fúck you' to the sort of people who are.

Apart from anything else, surely Hollywood must have noticed by now that this sort of 'woke' stunt casting is not exactly box office dynamite?
    There's no reason Bond shouldn't be black, though. There's no canonical thread that directly links Sean Connery to Daniel Craig other than a shared name and general theme. If we were to stick strictly to the terms of the books, Bond would be about 116.

Connery was identifiable as Fleming's Bond and the films were based on his writing. The films which followed Connery have been Bond in name only. His next incarnation could easily be black, Asian, female or a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's no reason Bond shouldn't be black, though. There's no canonical thread that directly links Sean Connery to Daniel Craig other than a shared name and general theme. If we were to stick strictly to the terms of the books, Bond would be about 116.

Connery was identifiable as Fleming's Bond and the films were based on his writing. The films which followed Connery have been Bond in name only. His next incarnation could easily be black, Asian, female or a dog.
    Trouble is they have tried to link the character back to his origins (in particular in Skyfall), so it would be weird if he suddenly became black, while all the other characters remained the same. Though nothing to stop them completely changing direction as you say. Personally, I would go with a puma as JB - or a shark

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Trouble is they have tried to link the character back to his origins (in particular in Skyfall), so it would be weird if he suddenly became black, while all the other characters remained the same. Though nothing to stop them completely changing direction as you say. Personally, I would go with a puma as JB - or a shark
    A shark would be good. Although somewhat limiting in terms of story line. He'd only be able to foil the dastardly plots of Her Majesty's more sea-bound enemies.

On Her Majesty's Sea-creature Service?

A shark would be good. Although somewhat limiting in terms of story line. He'd only be able to foil the dastardly plots of Her Majesty's more sea-bound enemies.

On Her Majesty's Sea-creature Service?
    Maybe with a whale as villain in View to A Krill?

Maybe with a whale as villain in View to A Krill?
    Fishfinger?

Fishfinger?
    Octopuss...oh.

Fishfinger?
    Don't even need to change Octopussy - might make a much better film though

This is getting a kicking critically but I do quite want to see The Meg - Jason Statham v a prehistoric shark
    http://www.themeg.movie

Well, yes, but they haven't taken him back to being a ruthless sex criminal who doesn't hesitate to torture women to achieve his goals, have they?

Bond hasn't been Bond since Connery, so, pfff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    a ruthless sex criminal who doesn't hesitate to torture women to achieve his goals
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
    He's quite rapey in the books, inasmuch as he doesn't really take no for an answer, but continues to press his suit until swooning and compliance occurs.

Naughty jb #metoo