Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
I flicked between them and some chap called Dizzee Rascal, who played upbeat, bouncy numbers that had the crowd dancing. Unlike Radiohead appeared to be interested in entertaining his audience and was doing a good job. Why anyone would have chosen to watch Radiohead rather than him is beyond me.
When Springsteen headlined it I was concerned for my hero. I thought he'd made a mistake. Given that he doesn't play festivals and that his lengthy sets often contain many obscure numbers, it seemed to me that a casual audience really wouldn't get it. Watching on TV it appeared that he smashed it out the park, as it were. It looked and sounded magnificent. The Guardian gave him 5 stars and the review started 'Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band put on a show so good it's quasi-religious – for nigh on three hours, Pilton becomes the Promised Land' A week later I encountered Ian Harvey who had been at Glastonbury and asked for his verdict. 'Embarrassing', he opined. 'People were streaming away to go and watch something else. He can't hold an audience like Radiohead.' The lying ****.

It is, as you say, a cult.