Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Why this presumption that youngsters will always vote Left?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    So what is conservative politics doing wrong then? Or is the lefty youth vote actually just fake news and there is no such thing?
    I don't think conservative politics is doing anything wrong per se. You've just seen a backlash against a backlash, I think.

Theresa May got this election horribly, horribly wrong. It was too soon after Brexit, so all those resentments were still near the surface, plus she thought she could win by just sitting back and letting the Labour party's incompetence do her work for her. As a result, Labour narratives were allowed to dominate the news agenda.

Now what we're left with is a result that suits absolutely no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't think conservative politics is doing anything wrong per se. You've just seen a backlash against a backlash, I think.

Theresa May got this election horribly, horribly wrong. It was too soon after Brexit, so all those resentments were still near the surface, plus she thought she could win by just sitting back and letting the Labour party's incompetence do her work for her. As a result, Labour narratives were allowed to dominate the news agenda.

Now what we're left with is a result that suits absolutely no-one.
    Tactical error allowing MPs a free vote in the referendum, to vote with their consciences? Once again Europe robs us of the big, colourful blonde leader the country seems to expect to get and is not happy being fobbed off with shades of grey

Thing is, I've always voted Conservative because my dad did and I believe my sons (will) do the same. Where is everyone else going wrong (according to perceptions, at least)?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."