Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I approached a roundabout to turn right this morning and

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Ok, digging up my old post was a nifty move, I grant you. But I don't think it was the zinger he (or you) like to believe. I am, after all, notorious for being a major drama queen prone to absurd hyperbole and it's no surprise to find me in just such a frenzy at a time when Spurs were in with a shout of winning the league.
    So basically 'don't hold my own words against me because I am unreliable'.

Not convinced your helping yourself here, Monty. When in a hole and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

He has always admitted to being a great big girl's blouse when it comes to Spurs. It is nothing to be ashamed of and is, to me, the natural reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Actually, this is not my point. If he'd have looked a little "harder" he may well have found examples of me talking up Arsenal's credentials as challengers when most others believed we had no chance. In fact I remember a particular post from a recent season where I actually wrote that it is impossible to deny that we are involved in a title challenge (despite patchy form) and I was basically laughed off the board.

Point being, I am happy to concede that Spurs have challenged in recent times. My contention is that if they have, we have too.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually, this is not my point. If he'd have looked a little "harder" he may well have found examples of me talking up Arsenal's credentials as challengers when most others believed we had no chance. In fact I remember a particular post from a recent season where I actually wrote that it is impossible to deny that we are involved in a title challenge (despite patchy form) and I was basically laughed off the board.

Point being, I am happy to concede that Spurs have challenged in recent times. My contention is that if they have, we have too.
    We were, without question, part of the title race in 15/16. This is what made our form from February onwards so disappointing. Dropping points in silly games like Swansea at home, Palace at home, West Ham and Sunderland away during the run in.

Entering the last 7 or 8 games we should have been right on their tail and the massive frustration is that we werent. Then Spurs overtook us and anger turned to fury, despair and, in some cases, panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We were, without question, part of the title race in 15/16. This is what made our form from February onwards so disappointing. Dropping points in silly games like Swansea at home, Palace at home, West Ham and Sunderland away during the run in.

Entering the last 7 or 8 games we should have been right on their tail and the massive frustration is that we werent. Then Spurs overtook us and anger turned to fury, despair and, in some cases, panic.
    We actually should have won it in 15/16 and simply bottled it when we saw the finish line. That was why it was probably the most upset I've been by an overall Arsenal season. The fact that we picked up form as soon as we knew we couldn't win made it particularly sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We actually should have won it in 15/16 and simply bottled it when we saw the finish line. That was why it was probably the most upset I've been by an overall Arsenal season. The fact that we picked up form as soon as we knew we couldn't win made it particularly sickening.
    Certainly matches my recollection. It was the loss at home to Swansea that pissed me off royally. We bottled it the minute we went in front, completely went to pieces.