Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have virtually bankrupted myself in purchasing a house in Wimbledon... The whole

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    An email had to go around the other month because someone had literally sprayed sh1t all over the inside of the lavatory door.
    ah, a job for the Human Resources department, no doubt.

One has to remember, it must be quite embarrassing for someone to own up to slurry spraying the inside of the cubicle.However, what would they have done if someone had come to use the trap straight after they'd finished?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    ah, a job for the Human Resources department, no doubt.

One has to remember, it must be quite embarrassing for someone to own up to slurry spraying the inside of the cubicle.However, what would they have done if someone had come to use the trap straight after they'd finished?
    Oh, surely you'd hide in there until you were sure everyone had gone, wouldn't you?

Talking of HR, I've got a nasty feeling I may have to have words with someone about their personal hygiene. Any tips?

Talking of HR, I've got a nasty feeling I may have to have words with someone about their personal hygiene. Any tips?
    Aha. this old chestnut.

Do it privately (obvs)
    Come from you have noticed (not others) the body odour
    state the business case - customers, colleagues, etc
    Be 'gentle' with them, but direct and to the point, deal with the facts.
    ask them what the company can do to help them, etc

maybe approach it from the 'we've noticed you stink, do you have any medical issues that may affect your body odour that we need to be aware of?". possibly change the wording slightly.

Are there any cultural issues to take into consideration, etc?

never an easy one...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Aha. this old chestnut.

Do it privately (obvs)
    Come from you have noticed (not others) the body odour
    state the business case - customers, colleagues, etc
    Be 'gentle' with them, but direct and to the point, deal with the facts.
    ask them what the company can do to help them, etc

maybe approach it from the 'we've noticed you stink, do you have any medical issues that may affect your body odour that we need to be aware of?". possibly change the wording slightly.

Are there any cultural issues to take into consideration, etc?

never an easy one...
    'Cultural issues'? Do you mean 'Is he a foreigner?' No.

So you think just leaving an anonymous note on his desk isn't the way to go, then?

So you think just leaving an anonymous note on his desk isn't the way to go, then?
    Possibly. With a tin of deodorant, also.

hang on. you might want to put a ribbon around the deodorant.

Possibly. With a tin of deodorant, also.

hang on. you might want to put a ribbon around the deodorant.
    Why? It's not his fvcking birthday.

Honestly, it's times like this that I wish I were the sort of person who was either oblivious to or simply didn't care about other people's feelings. Empathy really is a pain in the arse. It must be so easy to simply be an insensitive boor or a psychopath.

Why? It's not his fvcking birthday.

Honestly, it's times like this that I wish I were the sort of person who was either oblivious to or simply didn't care about other people's feelings. Empathy really is a pain in the arse. It must be so easy to simply be an insensitive boor or a psychopath.
    quite.

Go on then. How stinky is this person on a scale of 0-10?

'Cultural issues'? Do you mean 'Is he a foreigner?' No.

This is the best approach, for sure. Just make sure you use a printer in case the chap is an expert in handwriting analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    This is the best approach, for sure. Just make sure you use a printer in case the chap is an expert in handwriting analysis.
    Bloke couldn't find his arse with both hands and a flashlamp, r. The chances of him possessing such skills are minimal.

That reminds me of a time when a colleague of mine entered the gents

Oh, surely you'd hide in there until you were sure everyone had gone, wouldn't you?

in the office, with the MD at close quarters. They exchanged greetings as my colleague, on his approach to trap one for his constitutional morning clearout, began to reel with horror at being caught in a fait accompli.
    He was unable to abort, as it were, as the trap one door loomed large before him. He had no choice but to enter.
    The MD, an absolute bull of a man. German, with the embellishments of having headed up operations for a decade in Australia ( no further explanation should be required, as to his make-up at the point ) aimed straight for trap two.
    Not only did my colleague have to sit and wait it out in trap one, while treated to a raucous anal fanfare from the Teutonic CEO but was forced to engage in a discourse over monthly budgets and forecasts.

He later told me that he had to quietly marinate in the aftermath for a good five minutes before braving the lock and his escape for freedom.