Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
Well Xhaka wasn’t a huge transfer money wise but I agree he’s a fundamental problem. Ozil just doesn’t fit and he was never that good under Wenger either. Mustafi we shouldn’t speak about.

I’d happily ship all three out if we could get a central defender, a LB and a midfielder to play with Lucas. Maybe a wide attacking player as well. But the important thing is not so much that buy players in certain positions but that we buy players we can afford who will improve. Spurs funded themselves with the sale of Bale and others, Liverpool with Coutinho and Suarez. We just need to get better in the transfer market. Wenger had lost his touch and we are now paying the price.
Xhaka at 35m was a huge deal at the time. Aboomerang, a genuine World class player and forward in his prime didn't cost much more a couple of years later.

Yeah I'd happily ship all of Xhaka, Ozil and Mustafi off the wage bill and bring in one CB. Then just hope the big young Greek (terrible and big injuries this season)steps up next year as well as Emile Smith Rowe. Both of those look to have serious talent and worth gambling on if they can be fit for pre season