Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monty's mum when she found out her grandson would be going to a CofE school

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    maureen-4_3474774b.jpg

This is when I mourn the loss of Jorge to the Corbyn cult. He'd appreciate this gag more than anyone
    Oh, dear. Were there scenes?

But surely as he isn't actually Jewish it doesn't really matter? The time for upset was surely when she found out you'd impregnated a shiksa?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, dear. Were there scenes?

But surely as he isn't actually Jewish it doesn't really matter? The time for upset was surely when she found out you'd impregnated a shiksa?
    She's had years to make her peace with that, whereas this is a fresh blow.

The sectarianism is never far from the surface.

She's had years to make her peace with that, whereas this is a fresh blow.

The sectarianism is never far from the surface.
    Wouldn't Jewish schools have a problem with him due to him not being properly Jewish, though?

Wouldn't Jewish schools have a problem with him due to him not being properly Jewish, though?
    All faith schools have to allow a certain number of kids from other faiths (or no faith).

It works on a points system, based on how close to the school you live and your attendance levels at a respective place of worship.

All faith schools have to allow a certain number of kids from other faiths (or no faith).

It works on a points system, based on how close to the school you live and your attendance levels at a respective place of worship.
    Surely not?

How the fúck can a person vouch for their attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Surely not?

They get a letter from the Priest/Rabbi to show to the school.

No jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Surely not?

Catholic schools are terrible for it, literally have to go and shake the priest's hand after every service to ensure he doesn't tell the school you're not worthy.

One of many reasons I wouldn't send my kids to a Catholic school, main one being I'm not Catholic

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    One of many reasons I wouldn't send my kids to a Catholic school, main one being I'm not Catholic
    You might as well send 'em to a Madrassa, on the indoctrination front.

So did you actually try for the Jewish place and not get in or did you just get more points for the C of E place/it was closer, etc? Or did you actively decide against it?

So did you actually try for the Jewish place and not get in or did you just get more points for the C of E place/it was closer, etc? Or did you actively decide against it?
    I would never send him to a Jewish school. Those truly are places of indoctrination.

Sending him to a CofE school still makes me do a bit of sick in my mouth, but at least it is all light touch and based almost entirely around Christian 'values' rather than any supernatural ****e.

Our decision was between the non-faith school round the corner and the CofE school, and the latter is demonstrably the better school