Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Everton are playing in Tanzania :yikes:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But that's exactly what I mean. The airport at Dar is a corrugated iron shed, and I was once asked very politely to move seats at dinner in the 5 star hotel because a crack had appeared in the floor, from which was pouring a river of human sewage
    Croxteth is hardly Beverley Hills, to be fair. He'll be fine.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Croxteth is hardly Beverley Hills, to be fair. He'll be fine.
    I'd rather a lifetime in Dar than 30 minutes in Croxteth; it's the difference that will freak him out.

With any luck the **** will contract bilharzia.

I'd rather a lifetime in Dar than 30 minutes in Croxteth; it's the difference that will freak him out.

Nematodes. They cause Bilharzia. They go into little water snails and then come out again and lurgy people.

I remember once editing a friend's dissertation on the subject. That's all I remember of it. That and some pictures of glum-looking Africans.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nematodes. They cause Bilharzia. They go into little water snails and then come out again and lurgy people.

I remember once editing a friend's dissertation on the subject. That's all I remember of it. That and some pictures of glum-looking Africans.
    I once heard a septic ask a guide if he could leap off the boat into the Zambezi for a swim. He was cautioned against it. "Bilharzia?" asked the intrepid explorer. "Crocodiles", replied the lugubrious local, rolling his eyes... (This was the same septic who asked where hippos lay their eggs.)

Yes, certainly rather him than me.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."