Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So it seems our chums in the ever-democratic EU are threatening to suspend Poland's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We can't invade China, man! Are you quite sane? They've got an army of 18 billion and they're all experts in kung fu.

No no, it would be a disaster.
    Wooooah!!!

Who mentioned invasion?? These people are our friends, Sir C. Friends and partners. Let us work with them and build a secure and prosperous Asia. Europe is done, leave the rubble to the Germans.

I shall take up residence in Penang. I assume you will fancy Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Wooooah!!!

Who mentioned invasion?? These people are our friends, Sir C. Friends and partners. Let us work with them and build a secure and prosperous Asia. Europe is done, leave the rubble to the Germans.

I shall take up residence in Penang. I assume you will fancy Singapore?
    Friends? Don't be ridiculous. They hate us and our sour milk smell and will never be our friends.

I'd rather live in Essex than Singapore. Singapore? Is there a more soulless place full of soulless people than Singapore?

Bangkok for me. A little place on the Chao Praya down at Silom or Saphan Taksin, I think

Friends? Don't be ridiculous. They hate us and our sour milk smell and will never be our friends.

I'd rather live in Essex than Singapore. Singapore? Is there a more soulless place full of soulless people than Singapore?

Bangkok for me. A little place on the Chao Praya down at Silom or Saphan Taksin, I think
    We can probably do without your sort anyway. Plenty of good men will fancy finding their fortune in the East.

We can probably do without your sort anyway. Plenty of good men will fancy finding their fortune in the East.
    I don't think I'd be able to bear the heat in Singapore. Or the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Pfff. Call yourself an Englishman? Sir Stanford Raffles never removed his jacket or loosened his cravat.

I shall wear tweeds.

Pfff. Call yourself an Englishman? Sir Stanford Raffles never removed his jacket or loosened his cravat.

I shall wear tweeds.
    It's true. I think I'd be dreaming fondly of a cold, wet London day in February before a week was out.

It's true. I think I'd be dreaming fondly for a cold, wet London day in February before a week was out.
    My word. I find it glorious, utterly glorious.

You've got too many Irish genes

Nor went by the name Stanford.

Sir Thomas, if you don't mind. And Stamford, not Stanford.

Well, join me in Penang Hill then. Perfectly secure from the locals with a delightful, cooling breeze.

Lazy evenings in the hlll-top garden overseeing Georgetown and the ships coasting their way to Singapore, bound further east and beyond. We shall toast Francis Light and his ilk before dining at the E&O.

Well, join me in Penang Hill then. Perfectly secure from the locals with a delightful, cooling breeze.

Lazy evenings in the hlll-top garden overseeing Georgetown and the ships coasting their way to Singapore, bound further east and beyond. We shall toast Francis Light and his ilk before dining at the E&O.
    Are you hitting on me?